365 Days of Pearls

I like it better against the oatmeal. How about you, baby nurse?

I appreciate the time you're taking to show them against both colors. Very very interesting and educational.

Oh wow, they really do change colors. I also would not have have thought they were the same necklace. Wow, me likey.

I've been eyeing a couple of similar colored strands on the Kojima website. I don't own anything in the pinky purple range yet.

Wow, the differences in color of the same necklace against different colors is almost unbelievable! I would have never thought they'd be the same strand. I could stare at those colors all day!

I'm glad you took a closeup of the clasp. I was curious as to what it looked like from your first photo. The attention to detail is remarkable, and everything fits so nicely in this necklace. It's really perfect imho.

Maybe for some people a clasp is just a clasp, functional and hidden behind your neck. But I love these little details! You know it's back there and you see it every time you reach for that particular piece.

I was shocked regarding the color difference of the lavender strand also. . The different sweaters completely change the look of the pearls. I suppose it brings out different overtones.

What an interesting play on color! The quality of those FWP is amazing and something you don't often see in that size.

Wow that's crazy. They look so green against your lavender top. But then your skin looks much greener too so perhaps it's a function of your camera trying to make sense of the colours? Is the difference as apparent in reality?

Very pretty pearls. But, I agree with Sanippy that your neck is green in one sweater, and pink in the other, so it's not surprising that the pearls shift colors as well.

Wow that's crazy. They look so green against your lavender top. But then your skin looks much greener too so perhaps it's a function of your camera trying to make sense of the colours? Is the difference as apparent in reality?

WOW. Good eye, Sanippy. I hadn't noticed that! Other than in one picture, I took photos in the same spot of my bathroom, within minutes of each other. It must be my iPhone that has adjusted the colors because in even the earring shots, my neck is greenish with the purple sweater and pinkish with the beige sweater. I'll compare the strand against the two sweaters in daylight tomorrow.

I like it better against the oatmeal. How about you, baby nurse?

I appreciate the time you're taking to show them against both colors. Very very interesting and educational.

It's my pleasure, BAS! I definitely like it better against the oatmeal but now I'm wondering if it's my iPhone that is picking favorites ; )

Oh wow, they really do change colors. I also would not have have thought they were the same necklace. Wow, me likey.

I've been eyeing a couple of similar colored strands on the Kojima website. I don't own anything in the pinky purple range yet.

Yep!

There's a strand at Kojima that I absolutely love. Awesome luster and overtones. I would have bought it but my ripple collection goes on for miles!

Here it is.

IMG_2121.jpg

Agreed, Katbran and Red!

Day 115:

Tahitian pendant on iolite beads from Kojima Pearl.

For some reason, it photographs darker against the white tissue paper.

IMG_2122.jpg

It's color is more of a seafoam like this.

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

Lovely new pieces baby nurse ... that big gorgeous silver grey keshi trimmed with diamond dangles, the lavender strand (SIGH) and now this beautiful solitaire pendant ... what a lovely pearl ... looks fabulous on the gemstone chain, but what I love most is that pearl cap!

That pendant is so beautiful and you pair it so nicely with your top. Your skin is made to be a backdrop for pearls!!! Everything looks gorgeous on you!!!

Back