365 Days of Pearls

That has to be the bubbliest pearl ever! Such a gorgeous green color too!

Thank you, everyone!

Day 116:

Since I've been trying to pair earrings with my abundant stock of necklaces, I've realized that I need more earrings! Most of my white studs are cream so I focused on finding very white, round studs. Here they are: 6-6.5mm AAA white akoya and 3.5-4mm white akoya studs, both on 14kt white gold. I picked these up during the Pearl Paradise Mother's Day sale.

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

My youngest turns 9 this week, so I thought the birthday cake figurine was apt.
IMG_2131.jpg

And he loves Hershey kisses.
IMG_2129.jpg

I really like this size!
IMG_2132.jpg

This is very delicate and pretty but I think it will look better in my 2nd piercing. No pics of that yet as I haven't worn earrings in that piercing in 15+ years! Hoping they haven't closed.

IMG_2134.jpg

Closer view of this tiny pearl.
IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

OMG I LOVE the tiny pearls! And the silver overtones really suit you. Gorgeous!

This is actually good timing - I was just on PP's website looking at the 6-6..5mm akoyas. I thought they might make a sweet christening gift?

I love the pendant! And your post earrings are darling with beautiful luster, goes perfect with everything!

OMG I LOVE the tiny pearls! And the silver overtones really suit you. Gorgeous!

This is actually good timing - I was just on PP's website looking at the 6-6..5mm akoyas. I thought they might make a sweet christening gift?

They'd make a great christening gift! But do you mean the 3.5-4mm? The larger size would be lovely for the little girl, too.

Katbran yes, I wanted something white and shiny!

That's just what I was thinking SunSeeker, they'd go with everything, especially my Tahitians or anything that required a whiter white.

OOOOO, pearl studs. White pearl studs were the reason I got my ears pierced, but I bought cheap ones and really regretted it. I really want to buy some nice ones, but I can't decide on the size. I'm hoping to try the different sizes on at Ruckus.

I really like the sizes you picked. They look nice and centered on your earlobe.

May I ask how old you were when you had your ears pierced? It sounds like it was when you were old enough to buy your own earrings? White pearl studs are pretty good reason to do it! I had mine done when I was about 11 and I'd been begging to get them done for years. Everyone I knew who'd had them done had these little gold knobby studs. My parents insisted that I have them pierced in a dr's office and I had these long surgical steel studs-- I looked like Frankenstein and was mortified. All worth it in the end ; )

I think it's a great idea to wait until you can try them on. I found sets of 3 at Walmart for less than 2$, very pretty and in sizes that are roughly 5mm, 7mm, 9mm. So good for figuring out which sizes suit me best. And great for times I want earrings but worry they'll get damaged like when I'm getting my hair colored or I'm off on a hike and slathering on bug spray.

Day 117:

Triple strand freshwater pearl necklace from Pearl Paradise and champagne golden South Sea studs from Golay. The pearls in the necklace are graduated metallic multicolored pearls. The earring pearls are 11-12mm rounds.

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Oh Wow! What a triple!

I got my ears pierced in my mid 20s, after years of swearing I didn't want two holes in my head. I never watched the movie The Deer Hunter, but I saw photos of Meryl Streep and her pearl studs, and I suddenly wanted my ears pierced.

Back then I didn't know about the different qualities of pearls. I could tell that the more expensive pair were better quality, but my pocketbook balked at the price. I regret it now. Except I'm sure the better quality pair still would not be as nice as what I will buy next.

BN, the triple strand is stunning. Those pearls are so shiny that I think I need my sunglasses on.

Those FW multicolors are like little balls of lightning flashes ... really lovely colors, especially that green toned one!

That metallic triple strand and the champagne Golay studs are truly stunning! I am so enjoying your collection.

I bought the same birthday cake Shopkins figure (in orange) for my little one's birthday next month.

My parents would not let me get my ears pierced until I was in junior high. I think I was 12 or 13. I was annoyed they made me wait that long, but they wanted to make sure I would properly care for the piercings. My mother got her ears pierced at the same time -- up until then she had worn clip-on earrings. My girls are 8 and 6, and I plan to wait a few more years. The older one asked about it recently, but backed off once I explained how they make the holes, lol.

That triple is beautiful. So is the champange stud. You can really wear every colour.

They'd make a great christening gift! But do you mean the 3.5-4mm? The larger size would be lovely for the little girl, too.

The christening is for a newborn but I also want to get a pair for her 2 year old sister. What do you think? Should I get the 3.5-4mm which can be worn in the short term? Or the 6-6.5mm which will be too large to wear now but may be nice for when they are a bit older?

Your triple is divine!

May I ask how old you were when you had your ears pierced? It sounds like it was when you were old enough to buy your own earrings? White pearl studs are pretty good reason to do it! I had mine done when I was about 11 and I'd been begging to get them done for years. Everyone I knew who'd had them done had these little gold knobby studs. My parents insisted that I have them pierced in a dr's office and I had these long surgical steel studs-- I looked like Frankenstein and was mortified. All worth it in the end ; )

I think it's a great idea to wait until you can try them on. I found sets of 3 at Walmart for less than 2$, very pretty and in sizes that are roughly 5mm, 7mm, 9mm. So good for figuring out which sizes suit me best. And great for times I want earrings but worry they'll get damaged like when I'm getting my hair colored or I'm off on a hike and slathering on bug spray.

BN, this sounds almost exactly like my story! I begged and begged my parents for pierced ears, and eventually my Dad approved when I was 12, for my birthday! But my parents insisted they were done at the doctor's office and for a long time, I had to wear those gold knobby studs too. Eventually I was allowed to choose other studs, but only studs, until I was an older teenager. I still have those gold studs and my first pearl studs, which are very tiny, maybe 3-4mm!

Back