PP Oct GSSP sale

Thanks, PD! I'm thinking of making a convertible slide type pendant. I've got this pearl necklace and I want to do something similar as with the center pearl of that necklace with this pearl so that I can use different chains and add drops (or not) if desired.
There's a drop that attaches to the center pearl, but when worn without the drop you can't see the hook which is what I'd like to do with this pearl:
IMG_1937.jpg
Instead of 2 fixed loops that attach to chain, 2 thin slides that are positioned to mimic the chain placement of the fixed loops, so that I can use different chains.
IMG_2115.jpg

I missed seeing your post, PearlMaven! Gorgeous pearls you have there, and welcome to the forum!

I'll just turn that photo around for you....

Pearl Maven's gold south sea pearl strand from Pearl Paradise

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Everyone, for the warm welcome. MSC, I love the pearl! If anyone ever tells you that you have a heart of gold, you can now show them that they are right! Pearl Dreams, thanks for granting my picture. I'm gonna need you to show me how to do that…
I had a hard time going to sleep last night. I didn't want to take off the pearls. I felt like Gollum in the Lord of the Rings: "My Precious!"

PearlMaven, welcome. The pearls are absolutely gorgeous. I can't imagine the fun and difficulty of being able to see all the goldens in real time and choosing which one to take home. On the internet, one waits with baited breath to see the pearls that were chosen. I'm envious!

Oh wow!! REally, really gorgeous goldens ladies. I'm going to start saving for a 24K golden strand from now on;)

Pearl Maven, welcome to PG! That strand is a serious score. Love the deep gold, oval shapes and size of those pearls!

MSC, I saw that sweet heart at PP. It is lovely in person. I look forward to seeing what you create.

PearlMaven,

I dragged the photo to my desktop and from there to iPhoto where I rotated it, exported it and uploaded it.
No shortcuts that I know of...

PearlMaven, Welcome! What a lucky day for you, to be able to choose in person, the first day ... and you chose such gorgeous pearls!

MSC, I couldn't imagine "a certain pearl" ... forgot about that blog photo ... it's darling, adorable, beautiful, and you'll create something wonderful ... congratulations!

Pearl Maven welcome to our happy band of pearl lovers :) Your new golden south sea strand is just tdf. I'm sure you will enjoy wearing it for years to come. How about posting lots more pictures? We love pictures!

So, this happened. EEK! Blew my 2017 pearl budget out of the water early lol. WORTH IT.
View attachment 45586

I saw that pearl in person this past summer and it is worth blowing the pearl budget over a hundred times over. I can't wait to see what you do for a setting. I wonder how it would go with a few of your pipi's. You are one very, very lucky girl to get this one ;)

Pearl Maven how wonderful to be able to choose in person. And they look beautiful neck shots please

Msc; absolutely adorable and plump heart. Can't wait to see the slider pendant u make.

Thanks y'all! I can't wait to receive it! Newberry, I think it was your posted photo that I first saw it in and had a real Gollum response to. It's been burning a hole in my mind ever since.

I can only imagine the excitement of being able to see all the GSSP in person and the quandry of making a selection ;)

Thanks y'all! I can't wait to receive it! Newberry, I think it was your posted photo that I first saw it in and had a real Gollum response to. It's been burning a hole in my mind ever since.

I can only imagine the excitement of being able to see all the GSSP in person and the quandry of making a selection ;)

It's when you get this feeling about a pearl or pearls that you should just go for it .

Back