Pearls at Paris 27th Biennale

And you now what ? there is a matched necklace !
more to come

Lets' go to Van Cleef and Arpels place.
Here is a necklace called " Enchanted mirror", if you've seen it already in the press, I bring you the enchanting display among moss and fern like herbs. I hardly believe I shot this through the window ! I think jewelry loves this little camera :)
Necklace and detachable clip ; white gold, emeralds, sapphires and white cultured pearls.

Attachments

• P1260511-VCA-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    P1260511-VCA-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 63
  • P1260510-VCA-grand palais-biennale-anna-tabakhova.jpg
    P1260510-VCA-grand palais-biennale-anna-tabakhova.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 64
Another very cute "pompon" from Cartier, from their legacy, 1921, inspired by indian turbans ornaments mixing natural pearls and coral beads, set in platinum, yellow gold, with onyx, enamel and diamonds on a pearl chain.
I shot these pieces while the Director of legacy was doing a commented visit, a lucky moment where I could fix an appointment for the history of clasps study ...

Attachments

• P1260520-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    P1260520-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 65
Cultured pearls in mini strands finished by brown diamonds briolettes on a silk scarf embroidered with gold threads, to highlight a panther carved in agate, what' else? guess who did it?

Attachments

• P1260526-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna-cliclasp.jpg
    P1260526-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna-cliclasp.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 65
Could it be Cartier? Great photos, Anna - I think I must plan a Parisian rendezvous in September 2016...

Last edited:
Staggering stuff, so beautiful.
Merci!

Platinum, yellow tourmalines, onyx diamonds and pearls, of course,
an original mix of color, guess who did them ?

Attachments

• P1260512-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    P1260512-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 57
I did !! Once I tried a 1 million € diamond river necklace at Christie's, and it was "only" a starting price...

Once I entered into Van Cleef & Arpels saying : "I would like to see a pink diamond , meaning to see not to buy. The lady examined me one second and told me "wait", then she went to the safe and brought back a 3 or 4 (I don't remember) millions € pink diamond ring, that I tried, then we talked about the Maharajas period in the 20'.
I did same with Boucheron, trying a blue diamond ring , also 3 or 4 millions €.
All this happened in Place Vendome in Paris with high end jewelers based all around this place with the Vendome column at the center.

Besides, I went back again in those places recently to choose with these Houses, pieces from their legacy to feature their best clasps and transforming jewels for the book (hard job …:))

Attachments

• P1230287-place-vendome-anna-tabakhova.jpg
    P1230287-place-vendome-anna-tabakhova.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 64
Something was missing … hummm .. was the matching bracelet, here it is !
such a perfect craftsmanship, isn't ?
Matching bracelet and earrings are never "too much", what's your opinion ?

Attachments

• P1260513-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    P1260513-Cartier-grand-palais-biennale-anna.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Here she is!!!

A bracelet is for pleasure, for our eyes, who would deny pleasure...

Magnificent, I'd like to say Cartier but they don't quite have that feel to them...
American or German??

Back