365 Days of Pearls

Okay, I'm really liking being referred to as a delicate flower. Didn't notice it until today when I reread comments. Ever since my recent birthday, I've been feeling like the bloom of youth has reeaally faded, lol! So thanks:eek:

Day 46:

Today I wore my 50" multicolor Tahitian rope and earrings from Pearl Paradise. It's special because I put it together at PP during my first ruckus back in 2014. LOTS of happy memories from that weekend:)

The earrings are the same peacock dangles I've posted before.

50 multicolor Tahitian rope Pearl Paradise

50 multicolor Tahitian rope

I couldn't decide which Tahitian earrings to wear with the rope but ultimately ended up choosing the peacock dangles.

I couldn't decide which Tahitian earrings to wear with the rope but ultimately ended up choosing the peacock dangles

I couldn't decide which Tahitian earrings to wear with the rope but ultimately ended up choosing the peacock dangles

50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise

BN, wow those are really colorful. The colors really pop. I'm sure they look impressive IRL.

Thanks, Pareltje. Yes, lots of color and because of that, very versatile.

Gorgeous Tahitians. I remember you working on that project at the ruckus. It was my first time, too. You clearly have chosen pearls for color and luster, and less on matching the shapes. The result is more of an earthy organic look that I find a delight. I was discussing with Jeremy a few months ago about people and their different preferences in pearls. Some people love a more perfectly matched look due to an internal preference for symmetry that they really can't control. I trend towards a more freeform look. I love everything about this rope. Thanks for all the photos of your incredible collection.

Our first Ruckus, sigh ... so many deliriously happy memories! Sorry for the late "flip" ... we got to Virginia quite late last night, baby nurse's photos were gone, I got that data error message, and went to bed. Wait till you see these right side up ... INCREDIBLE pearls, Beautiful Flower :)

50 multicolor Tahitian rope Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl Paradise50 multicolor Tahitian rope from Pearl ParadiseTahitian baroque pearl rope worn doubled.jpg

BN, your Tahitian strand is beyond stunning! Such gorgeous colors and sharp luster!

Gorgeous Tahitians. I remember you working on that project at the ruckus. It was my first time, too. You clearly have chosen pearls for color and luster, and less on matching the shapes. The result is more of an earthy organic look that I find a delight. I was discussing with Jeremy a few months ago about people and their different preferences in pearls. Some people love a more perfectly matched look due to an internal preference for symmetry that they really can't control. I trend towards a more freeform look. I love everything about this rope. Thanks for all the photos of your incredible collection.

That was such a great weekend, so many happy memories. And I remember you working on your Tahitian projects (strand and bracelet?) in the vault.

Very interesting points re those who strive for symmetry vs those happy with a more freeform look. I enjoy both but find myself drawn more to symmetry these days than I used to be. But luster and overtones trump everything as far as I'm concerned.

I have noticed that there's more enthusiasm for my symmetrical pieces than the freeform ones so I'm tempted to conclude PGers prefer symmetry over freeform.

You have a wonderful collection Red. What's more important to you--shape? surface quality? luster? color? overtone?

Wow this rope is spectacular and truly celebrates the beauty of nature. I love this!!

What a wonderful description, Pearly! "Celebrates the beauty of nature". I've never thought of it that way but it's so true. All the colors, shapes and overtones of nature are in that strand.

Back