365 Days of Pearls

Bus fumes, Baby Nurse ... bus fumes sigh. After that mistake, we got our own car, and went where we wanted ... but there were no lemons :(

This photo is from horizon2020news.it. Lemon and orange grove in Sicily— I had to take a peek!

63883C31-758D-4F9D-B843-5EDE3C1EB74C.jpeg

Beautiful strand and great knotting! Good choice of thread color, too-- it's unobtrusive even with the variation in color of the pearls.

Love the Tahitian rope!!! And I love that pic of the lemon grove.

I think we need BN's lemon shirt in that grove of citrus trees! Add a few pearls, friends, and drinks, and we have a perfect picture!

Your new Tahitian is really well laid out and lovely. The colors, shapes, and sizes make it a very fun and interesting piece. Did you put two or more strands together or did it come that way?

That Tahitian rope is beautiful! You seem to have improved your knotting skills in very little time! That is my next adventure. And finally, a turtleneck! I live in the northeast and I live in turtlenecks all fall and winter. I admire all your pearl pictures, but marvel at all your t shirts and v-necks for the winter. I'm afraid my pearls have to live on my boring turtlenecks at least half the year! I love the variation in size and color on this rope. This would be a go to piece for me. So lovely.

Oooh, sigh ... thanks for the photo, Baby Nurse :) Your Tahitian rope restring looks VERY nice!

Beautiful strand and great knotting! Good choice of thread color, too-- it's unobtrusive even with the variation in color of the pearls.

Thank you, Pearl Dreams! You were spot on with the color, it will work for a lot of my pearls.

I think we need BN's lemon shirt in that grove of citrus trees! Add a few pearls, friends, and drinks, and we have a perfect picture!

Your new Tahitian is really well laid out and lovely. The colors, shapes, and sizes make it a very fun and interesting piece. Did you put two or more strands together or did it come that way?

Amti, I’d love to be able to put different sizes/textures of pearls together into one statement piece. I think it takes special artistic talent. This was easy for me to string because it was already laid out on Jewelry wire. It’s an Andy Muller rope a nice PSer picked up for me at a Hong Kong show 4 years ago.

That Tahitian rope is beautiful! You seem to have improved your knotting skills in very little time! That is my next adventure. And finally, a turtleneck! I live in the northeast and I live in turtlenecks all fall and winter. I admire all your pearl pictures, but marvel at all your t shirts and v-necks for the winter. I'm afraid my pearls have to live on my boring turtlenecks at least half the year! I love the variation in size and color on this rope. This would be a go to piece for me. So lovely.

2thdktr, if my knots are looking neater it’s because I’ve worked so hard at it! My first attempts were really sloppy and since then I’ve knotted everything at least twice.

I hear you about the cold— i wear wool from September to end April and yes, wool turtlenecks every evening because for some reason I’m colder at night.

Thank you for the compliment; this will definitely be a go to piece for me : )

BN, just outstanding rope, and so pretty with the shine against the soft texture of the sweater! GREAT KNOTTING!! Very curious, what color thread did you decide to use? It looks like it blends perfectly from here!

As you know, I had a lot of thread to choose from, lol! I went with grey. I’m LOVING your Beaders Secret, pattye. So much so I think I may need to invest in the “safety tape for fingers”. :D

Beautiful Tahitian pearl rope Baby Nurse! Love the eclectic size, colour, shape and randomness of the pearls. Well done and looks fabulous on you, like all your pearls. Curious to see which earrings you paired with this necklace.

Thank you, Simply adorned! I haven’t paired it with earrings yet but I’m excited to. My Tahitian earring collection is small so it will be a quick choice.

Day 326:

Andy Muller Tahitian rope picked up for me in Hong Kong by a kind PSer a few years ago.

B82CAE60-2304-443E-B2B9-3EE89F750C5B.jpg

BE176806-49E8-44E0-A27F-EE46DBBE80C3.jpg

AC682BE4-AFDF-4540-A521-34799D28E03B.jpg

A5648CD4-8A3D-4E29-934D-C7BBCCD328A9.jpg

108B2AC4-896F-4624-8F45-DA904DDCA1F2.jpg

9BB8E416-061D-4094-B943-2C3F5AFA26C2.jpg

Back