365 Days of Pearls

What a perfect pairing with that gorgeous sweater ... and a difficult challenge, between the strength os the black and white, trims and ruffles ... sheer perfection.

Yes, exactly Cathy! With ruffles and stripes I thought anything more than studs and the ring would be too busy. That little choker from Kojima has been so versatile!

That little choker is amazing, it really goes with everything! And you’re making me want a pearl ring...

Thank you, Fidgetnator! Yes, a very fun look : )

Battah you need a pearl ring! I'm still casually looking for a large round something for a ring. The soufflés definitely pack a punch, wonderful to look at from all angles.

Day 227:

Wore gold ripples and matching dangles from Catherine Cardellini today. The strand looks really pretty on its own. I added my JCPenney akoya for the heck of it and liked the look of that as well.

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

Love those two together! That akoya strand always looks great when you layer it with ripples.

Soufflés are a great idea for a ring! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for something. Though I worry about banging it around, I can be kind of rough on rings.

Love those two together! That akoya strand always looks great when you layer it with ripples.

Soufflés are a great idea for a ring! I’ll keep my eyes peeled for something. Though I worry about banging it around, I can be kind of rough on rings.

I hear you! I *hate* the thought of damaging my pearls. Soufflés seem to be surprisingly tough though. I haven't worn my soufflé rings a ton but BAS has worn hers to work a lot and as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong BAS), it looks the same as when she first got it.

WOW, those ripples seem to change color; probably 'cause they are so reflective?

They are very reflective patty but I think my iPhone may be changing the colors a bit. I noticed that close up pictures sometimes have different colors than those taken a bit further away.

Day 228:

Tahitian necklace from Pearl Paradise and earrings from Kojima Pearl.

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

An update on our chick Buckbeak: he's now 4.5 weeks old and a lot bigger, so here are a few pictures.

IMG_3484.jpg
1 day old

IMG_3485.jpg
4 days old

IMG_3479.jpg
2 weeks old and beginning to grow tail feathers and feathers on his wings.

IMG_3481.jpg
3 weeks, lots of feathers on wings and some on chest as well.

IMG_3482.jpg
Today, 4.5 weeks old. Still bits of down here and there but mostly feathered out. Looking a bit more like a rooster with a larger, pink comb.

IMG_3483.jpg
Another from today, 4.5 weeks old. Think he's about 5 times the size he was a month ago!

Buckbeak is the offspring of Chickadee, the rooster in my avatar.

The difference is amazing! Buckbeak has become a rooster in a blink. He sure seems to be content, as well as very photogenic!

I know I sound silly but they grow up so fast! I wish I could keep him 4 days old; it's such a sweet, fun age.

Jeg, by Christmas he'll be huge! I'll continue updating with pictures...

Are there distinguishing characteristics when they are adults so you can easily tell them apart??? Being a hen and rooster novice, I don’t think I would be able to tell them apart unless they had different coloring.

Sorry, I missed all the pearls with the photos of your Buckbeak)) so adorable! Now I remember I promised photos of my aviary)) where is my camera, I go photo-hunting :) :)

Are there distinguishing characteristics when they are adults so you can easily tell them apart??? Being a hen and rooster novice, I don’t think I would be able to tell them apart unless they had different coloring.

Sometimes it is hard to tell them apart, jeg! I think the easiest way is with the feathers. Roosters have brighter colored feathers and the ones around the neck and tail itself tend to be iridescent. They're also larger than hens, have spurs on their legs (though some hens do as well), and larger combs (the fleshy thing on top of the head) and larger wattles (the 2 fleshy things that hang below the beak).

Back