365 Days of Pearls

Love the tassel. I'd be playing with it all day long. I also love the square coin pearls. I love that you can get a big pearl look with a lighter weight, with the coin pearls. They don't seem to be as prevalent as they were a few years ago.

Thanks, Sanippy and BWeaves. I love the tassel too! When I hear the tiny tassel strands bumping against each other or I run my fingers through them, endorphins begin pinging inside my brain...lol.

I really enjoy the coin pearls as well, BWeaves. Many people are not into them and I can't understand why. I think they're just lovely with their iridescent colors, and yes lightweight too.

Day 126:

Wilma Flintstone necklace and earrings. These 17mm white ripples were originally purchased by BAS four years ago. I was tempted but showed some rare self restraint and didn't buy, until BAS decided to part with hers. I'd always wanted some big white pearls with interesting shapes and here they were!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2263.JPG Views:	1 Size:	31.5 KB ID:	375174

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the original photo from vendor.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2261.JPG Views:	1 Size:	71.9 KB ID:	375175

I'm sad to say that I'm taking pictures in *mostly* artificial lighting these days because since end of March, we rarely have sunny days. So it's usually a mix of natural dim overcast light beefed up with fluorescent lighting. These ripples are lustrous with soap bubble overtones but I can't capture it without good lighting. Maybe I should buy a light box.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2254.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

I forgot to mention, the strand is about 16". BAS removed 2 pearls for earrings and one because it had a pondslime splotch.

Here is a pic showing the two earring pearls to be removed (green arrows) as well as the blemished pearl (orange arrow).

When I received this piece in the mail, I got the strand, the earrings and the pondslime pearl in its own little case. I guess my tastes run a bit eccentric because I find this pearl adorable with its little golden paw! I'll probably include it in some future pearly project.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2262.JPG Views:	1 Size:	112.9 KB ID:	375180

IMG_2260.jpg

I left my 3.5-4mm akoya stud in my second piercing because it isn't completely healed. The dangles are large and make enough of a statement on their own, so I wouldn't normally wear them paired with a second earring.

IMG_6851.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

They are super lustrous BN! And you couldn't have picked a better colored sweater to go with the pearls! Gorgeous combo! And I love the history of the pearls.

Yabba Dabba Doooo! (I'm surprised nobody went there.) I always thought Wilma had great style, too. And I like the little second pearl with the big drop.

They are super lustrous BN! And you couldn't have picked a better colored sweater to go with the pearls! Gorgeous combo! And I love the history of the pearls.

Yes, they're fun aren't they? They looked really lovely on BAS's slender neck but these are huge pearls and definitely not for everyone.

Yabba Dabba Doooo! (I'm surprised nobody went there.) I always thought Wilma had great style, too. And I like the little second pearl with the big drop.

I was going to say it!! Yabba Dabba Doooo!! Wish I could find reruns of that show. I think of it every time I give my kids they're vitamins, "Do you want the grape Dino or the orange Pebbles?" Their response "...what's a Dino...? Sad.

I do think the dangle earring works with the tiny akoya. It's not something I'd choose but it's cute.

I think the choice to remove the pond slimed pearl was a good one. It looks a bit, ahem, suggestive. (Yes, I am 7 years old.)

I think the choice to remove the pond slimed pearl was a good one. It looks a bit, ahem, suggestive. (Yes, I am 7 years old.)

I had to take a closer look to figure out what you were getting at. Rhymes with ripple or ends in enis? A pearl with an identity crisis :confused: We should start a thread on these. So far I have love birds, a bunny, a turtle, and a lady/man "part".

Back