365 Days of Pearls

Wow, thank you JerseyPearl, Sanippy, amti, kalmen, suchi, BAS, BWeaves, Bailey, Purranha, Katbran, SunSeeker, and Kay! You guys are giving me a swollen head and I love it! Thank you:eek:

Kay and Purranha, I agree it's a terrible shock and so sad to hear of Pkinnew's passing. It seemed like things were improving..

As far as I know Purranha, the only mention of her death (on PG or PS) is in this thread and it begins on day 119, p139 when I wore her mixed goldens.

Day 123:

This piece originally belonged to BAS and she graciously agreed to sell it to me : )

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

Wow! They landed on the correct neck. So nice to see that rope again! Wear it in health, my friend.

Thanks, Sanippy! The overtones are very nice.

It's been a long time, hasn't it BAS? I was so excited to buy this. Really a pretty rope.

Thank you, suchi! Yes it's heavy but I don't notice it at all. I have no neck limit but I do have an ear limit. The earrings are about as heavy as I can go.

Lovely rope. I was eyeing that rope when the sale started but I didn't manage to get it because of the time difference. Glad it stays in the PG family so I can enjoy it vicariously.

Last edited:
When I saw the first pic, thought it was an 18" necklace. I was stunned to see the neck / full body shot. Those pearls are HUGE! And was glorious orient. Are they heavy?

BN--You have amazing ripples (well amazing pearls of all kinds!). It would be fun to see your ripples together some time. I do agree, you are the head curator!!

Camping in 1,000 Islands, Canada with the grandson and family ... very limited pearls or email. Tahitian keshi rope has been my go-to strand. So nice to get a signal and come see such lovely pearls ... what a gorgeous rope!!!

BN, I've been crazy busy with work these last couple months, and have missed so much. I'm just now catching up on so many glorious pictures of your stunning pearls!! Amazing golden SS, ripples, akoyas studs, Tahitians ...everything is beyond compare!!

I meant 3 years ago, I fell in love with this rope but it was sold out before I could grab it. Time difference between US and Europe was probably the cause why I wasn't aware that the sale of those ripples had begun. It's really wonderful to see this beautiful rope again on this forum. Of course I'm glad you are the proud owner of this lovely strand, BN. I hope this is clear for you, sorry English is not my first language.

Wow! You were referring to the actual sale from 3 years ago! Crazy but I can still picture the sale page with the ropes at the top and then the 18" strands on the rest of the page. I think he had two ropes for sale. I'd forgotten all that...
What a shame that you missed the sale because of the time difference!! And yes, you are being very clear that you are pleased to see me wearing it-- thank you kindly. Also, I'd never know that English is not your first language.

Back