365 Days of Pearls

Oh no. I hadn't known either. Last I heard she was doing well, and I was hoping to see her back posting someday. BN, I know how pleased she was that you (and others) were enjoying many of her pieces. The GSS/WSS and the black and white strand are special pieces and look beautiful on you.

Yes-- I was hoping to see her posting again some day too! She was such a cheerful contributor on both boards. I miss her.

Thank you for the compliments.

Day 121:

Freshwater feather pearl pendant from Kojima Pearl and akoya studs from Pearl Paradise. The studs are 6-6.5mm and 3.5-4mm. They're the same ones I recently purchased and shared about a week ago.

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

I got my second piercing done when I was 15 and hadn't worn earrings in those piercings in...20 years? I expected them to be closed but I managed to get the tiny akoya on (ouch!!). I really like the look of these two pairs together.

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

Love the little akoyas with their big sisters.

So sad to hear about Pkinnew. I loved her style, which was very fitting for a Pearl Queen.

I love the tiny pearls in your feather necklace. Are they tiny keshi?

And the tiny studs look great worn in your second piercings!

I also love the tiny pearls and your necklaces BN. The tiny pearls, are they akoyas? They look round to my eyes.
Rest in peace, Pkinnew, I saw her postings on the other forum and this forum.

I love the delicate styling of the tiny pearls in your feather necklace. And your tiny studs look fantastic with "their big sisters!" 15 years, wow, good for you! I'm seeing more earring pairings in your future!

I love the tiny pearls in your feather necklace. Are they tiny keshi?

And the tiny studs look great worn in your second piercings!

Thanks! I'm loving the two akoya together as well. Still wearing them like that today.

The tiny pearls are not Keshi. They're dyed silver Chinese freshwater seed pearls.

I also love the tiny pearls and your necklaces BN. The tiny pearls, are they akoyas? They look round to my eyes.
Rest in peace, Pkinnew, I saw her postings on the other forum and this forum.

Thank you, Pareltje! In yesterday's necklace they are tiny oval dyed silver freshwater seed pearls.

I really like the look of the two studs together. Very pretty.

Me too! I see myself wearing these a lot. I have to leave the the tiny ones in for a few weeks anyway. Since I hadn't worn earrings in those piercings in so long, I had to kind of re-pierce the left hole. Not much, maybe just a mm but I DON'T want it closing up again!

I love the delicate styling of the tiny pearls in your feather necklace. And your tiny studs look fantastic with "their big sisters!" 15 years, wow, good for you! I'm seeing more earring pairings in your future!

Yes! As long as the earrings in the first hole are not large or busy, I should be able to wear a second earring. At some point I'd like to invest in a tiny diamond for the second piercing. Think I may have seen Hanadama wearing those.

I love the tiny detail in the feather necklace too! Oftentimes the feather gets tucked into my shirt and isn't visible but the pattern of seed pearls with the silver and gold beads is so pretty! It's so small you wouldn't think it would be so noticeable but it is.

Here is Sarah's description of the piece:

This so-simple so-lovely 18" necklace features tiny dyed silver Chinese fresh water seed pearls patterned with oxidized silver and 23k yellow gold beads and a natural color Chinese fresh water feather pearl. The centerpiece pearl measures 22x16.8mm with strong luster, white/ivory hues, and delicate iridescence. This stylish necklace is finished with a gold vermeil bead clasp.

I have been at the Grand Canyon and with very limited coverage have missed all of these wonderful posts. My father was a small town physician and did all of the ear piercing for me and all of my girlfriends. He had one of those guns. He wouldn't let us until age 16 and from what I have learned about metal allergies and exposing young children too early due to their developing immunity, I guess that was smart. My best friend and I decided to have a second hole put into just one ear and went down to the local jewelry store and bought some tiny pearl earrings and split them. I still have the earring but like you, haven't put anything in that second hole for over 20 years. I love all of your recent Kojima pearls and just bought an akoya keshi and turquoise necklace that I will post soon.

Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful collection and expert photography. The stories are fun too!

Yes! As long as the earrings in the first hole are not large or busy, I should be able to wear a second earring. At some point I'd like to invest in a tiny diamond for the second piercing. Think I may have seen Hanadama wearing those.

I love the tiny detail in the feather necklace too! Oftentimes the feather gets tucked into my shirt and isn't visible but the pattern of seed pearls with the silver and gold beads is so pretty! It's so small you wouldn't think it would be so noticeable but it is.

Here is Sarah's description of the piece:

This so-simple so-lovely 18" necklace features tiny dyed silver Chinese fresh water seed pearls patterned with oxidized silver and 23k yellow gold beads and a natural color Chinese fresh water feather pearl. The centerpiece pearl measures 22x16.8mm with strong luster, white/ivory hues, and delicate iridescence. This stylish necklace is finished with a gold vermeil bead clasp.

That's a perfectly lovely description!

Back