365 Days of Pearls

The blossoms are gorgeous, as is the green grass. Everything is Florida is brown. We're having a horrible drought, so thank you for those photos. I can almost smell the fresh air.

Obviously the little H and PP strands are stunning. But I have to say that your JCPenny strand is holding its own with those other pearls. It is a really, really nice classic strand of akoyas. Very pretty.

Last edited:
That mixed strand is incredible. Pkinnew had excellent taste and you honor her memory.

That mixed strand is incredible. Pkinnew had excellent taste and you honor her memory.

I didn't know she passed. RIP Pkinnew.... I was new to the forum when she was selling off her jewelry and admired her wonderful collection.

The mixed strand looks like an assortment of perfect pearls laid out in a very nice order. And it looks great on its own but combined with the other two strands makes for a beautiful look! Where are you located BN? Everything looks so lush and springtime-ish! We are already hitting the 90s in Texas, and it is a cooler than most years, probably because of all the rain we've been having.

OH, I didn't know Pkinnew died, either. I was new on this forum when she started selling off her pearls on the other forum, and mentioned health issues. Oh, sad day. I'm glad that several of her beautiful pearls ended up with PG forum members, so we can remember her when they are posted. She had an amazing collection.

BN, I love how you layered your collection of goldens. ..so pretty. I'm so sorry about pkinnew, I knew she was ill but had no idea she had passed.

Oh my. I didn't know she passed. I am fortunate to rehome a couple of her pieces. So sad. This weekend has been weekend of terrible news. This is the 5th death I've heard

Last edited:
Thank you, Pearl Dreams, Sanippy, Katbran, BWeaves, BAS, amti, JerseyPearl, kalmen, and SunSeeker.

I think those of us who interacted with Pkinnew here and on PS a couple of years ago were really sad to hear of her poor health as well as her plans to sell her pearl collection. Several months later it seemed like her situation was improving; it was nice to hear from her the handful of times she popped in to say hello. For this reason (for me) it was a sad shock to hear that she'd passed away this past fall.
I've said before that I'd much rather see these pearls around her lovely neck, but I'm sure she's pleased to know just how much each of her pieces continues to be loved in its new home. Rest In Peace, Pkinnew.

Last two.

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

This multi colored south sea strand is my holy grail of south sea strands. I am so glad that you have this very special strand. I remember when she commissioned it and Hisano worked with the supplier to choose each and every pearl for size and color. I am so sad to hear of her passing. She was one of the regular posters over at the QVC Pearl Queens thread long before we all started posting here or even over at PS. She loved and collected beautiful pearls for many many years. Rest in peace Pkin you are missed.

I heard of pkinnew's death not long after she sent me the strand of metallics I purchased. She was so lovely always, and I miss her posts here and on PS. Rest in peace Pkinnew, you will be forever remembered and missed.

BN - beautiful iridescence!

Oh no. I hadn't known either. Last I heard she was doing well, and I was hoping to see her back posting someday. BN, I know how pleased she was that you (and others) were enjoying many of her pieces. The GSS/WSS and the black and white strand are special pieces and look beautiful on you.

I had also hoped to see pkinnew back healthy and posting, and am saddened to read of her passing.

This multi colored south sea strand is my holy grail of south sea strands. I am so glad that you have this very special strand. I remember when she commissioned it and Hisano worked with the supplier to choose each and every pearl for size and color. I am so sad to hear of her passing. She was one of the regular posters over at the QVC Pearl Queens thread long before we all started posting here or even over at PS. She loved and collected beautiful pearls for many many years. Rest in peace Pkin you are missed.

THANK YOU for sharing this, newberry.

Back