Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

BWeaves ... so happy to see the Beachy rope :) I sat with that in front of me for an hour of Pearl Bingo, trying to decide before putting it back; so glad it got a good home where I get to see it now and then! That mabe set would be really pretty as a pendant and ring.

BWeaves, I think you would probably wear it more as a ring rather than the earrings.

A multi-colored rope doubled, from an Intergem show, and Tahitian studs from Takahashi.
IMG_2766.jpeg
IMG_7526.jpeg

And my purchase from Pearls By The Bay… a ring designed around a cultured abalone pearl from Atacama Pearls. The abalone pearl is from their first harvest. After seeing their experimental pearls at the first PBTB, I’ve enjoyed following their journey to now creating jewelry.
IMG_7151.jpeg
IMG_7156.jpeg
IMG_7158.jpeg
IMG_2652.jpeg

BWeaves, I think you would probably wear it more as a ring rather than the earrings.

A multi-colored rope doubled, from an Intergem show, and Tahitian studs from Takahashi.
View attachment 469550View attachment 469558

And my purchase from Pearls By The Bay… a ring designed around a cultured abalone pearl from Atacama Pearls. The abalone pearl is from their first harvest. After seeing their experimental pearls at the first PBTB, I’ve enjoyed following their journey to now creating jewelry.
View attachment 469559View attachment 469560View attachment 469561View attachment 469562
That ring is divine and the pearl just glows!!

View attachment 469559View attachment 469560View attachment 469561View attachment 469562
What a beautiful ring, jeg!

Oh wow, JEG. That cultured abalone pearl is intense. Love the color and the ring.

Thanks everyone for the votes for turning the mabe' earrings into rings. I think I'll have 2 rings made. One for me and one for my sister. She loved the idea, too. Now I have to find a jeweler could can do it. I also swapped some other earrings with my sister, and I think I'm going to redo them as something else too, because the earrings just aren't comfortable or my style.

Thanks so much, 2thdktr, Cathy, CatMom and BWeaves!
A couple more pics of the new ring. Cultured abalone pearl from the first harvest at Atacama Pearls.
IMG_2769.jpeg
IMG_2770.jpeg

Two Tahitian and SS ombre strands from Kojima, with earrings I made.
IMG_2755.jpeg
IMG_2757.jpeg
IMG_7231.jpeg

BWeaves, how about using the mabe omega backs as dress clips, near the neckline? Or as scarf clips?

BWeaves, how about using the mabe omega backs as dress clips, near the neckline? Or as scarf clips?

Hi Ennui. The omega backs aren't strong enough to be dress clips. They actually feel pretty weak, until I put my earlobe in them, and then they pinch. My sister says they feel fine to her. I think I have fat, tender earlobes. Even with my pearl drops and studs earrings, I have a weight limit.

I wore the Pomme de la Mer pendant today and my sister said, "Oooo pretty. It looks like an apple." Yup, it does!

Lovely pieces...and the ring is striking! The greens just flash and dazzle...Abalone pearls have their own special beauty.

Thank you, CatMom and Douglas! I love the color of abalone pearls. Abalone takes me back to my childhood when my grandfather would retrieve abalone in the bay near where I grew up. We had several shells laying around the house and unfortunately I didn’t keep any of them.

Baroque Akoya strand of soft multi-colors from Takahashi, and two tin cups I made with rare baroque Akoya colors also from Takahashi.
IMG_2790.jpeg

IMG_8319.jpeg

Those are gorgeous akoyas, JEG.

Today it's PISTAKIO DAY! Pistachio baroque akoyas from PP on mint Serafil thread from Pattye. Chocolate Plum pendant from Kojima. Pistachio Tahitian studs from Kojima.

IMG_2957.jpeg
IMG_2958.jpeg
IMG_2959.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, BWeaves! And lovely ”pistakios” to you!!

A bracelet of J. Hunter Fiji pearls from PP, a necklace I put together with Fiji pearls from Cees, and a necklace I made with Koa beads from Hawaii.
IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg

Gorgeous T's, JEG, as always.

These are my first Tahitians from Kojima. Necklace with white gold and sapphire clasp. Earrings with opals. I loved the clasp. The pearls in the necklace didn't wow me in the box, but they came alive as soon as I put them on my skin. They're also chameleons. They take on the color of whatever I'm wearing. Kamoka ring.

IMG_2962.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg

Back