Show us your Black Friday Purchases!

Just pass the wine, please, Sea Urchin. We are at a very busy airport waiting for a flight home.

Wine and cookies? May I bring the cheese and crackers? I'm not in the naughty corner, but I can hang out anyway.

I love those strands with the fireball enhancers. I think they are a great value because you get two pieces.

I really wanted the enhancer more then the pearls. Recently, there have been posts and pictures with the use of enhancers to dress up strands. It just so versatile and changes the look.

Gorgeous picks Luvglitz!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's purchases!

OOOOO Loveglitz. Thank you for relieving me of my temptations. I can't wait to see your neck shots. Those were two of the necklaces I was drooling over.

I wasn't going to buy anything for black friday and I didn't (yay for small victories!), but then this morning an email in my inbox from The Pearl Collector about a 50% off sale was seen. So, yeah, willpower quickly vanished. I've had this on my wishlist for about 3 years. 50% off was too difficult to resist. I'm going to dismantle it, take the darkest pearls and create a graduated strand on red gold.
pteria sterna strand 1.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, BWeaves, they're naturals! I believe they're Pteria sterna, but I'm not sure. Someone else on the forum purchased a similar strand several years ago and they ended up being P. sterna and they look very similar in appearance. I'm going to send an email to the site to see what they know (not much info on the listing, unfortunately).

That thread

Can't believe my loot is starting to arrive already!

I'm on my way out right now but just had to share a couple of quick shots because these white metallic Edisons (11-12mm) are to die for! :)

emet2.jpg

emet3.jpg

emet1.jpg

Wow, they're very reflective, definitely mirror metallic of the highest grade. Lucky you!

I wasn't going to buy anything for black friday and I didn't (yay for small victories!), but then this morning an email in my inbox from The Pearl Collector about a 50% off sale was seen. So, yeah, willpower quickly vanished. I've had this on my wishlist for about 3 years. 50% off was too difficult to resist. I'm going to dismantle it, take the darkest pearls and create a graduated strand on red gold.
View attachment 46446

those are wonderful..... i love the colors and shapes

Whoever got the multicolor akoyas, I'm so angry with you! I was trying for 15 minutes for the order to go through and apparently they sold out by 9:02, because that's when I first tried. If you return them, let me know! I got an akoya keshi strand and silver oval tahitian. I'm nervous about the tahitian strand, though. The colors are so fickle on me. I can never tell what is going to look good until I have it on.

I just went back and read through the thread. Looks like a lot of us went for the oval strand!

Back