Photos from the Ruckus 2016

The strand really looked good before your redo but now perfection ;) If you want full strands just call Hisano because she was with you when you made your selections so she will know exactly what you are looking for. Easy peasey :)

Purr it looks amazing. Wonderful wonderful. And amazing again. ☺

Purr -- finally you can be seen in public. Because before, well, you know...

But seriously -- it looks terrific!!! Well done!!!

One thing I've learnt: there are always more pearls. More and better. So don't waste time regretting...

Sorry for late reply. During the day I'm crazy busy. So, I download photos from Dropbox to my phone and post it. Hopefully it will work.
image.jpg

Awww thank you everyone! Haha I think Victoria Grayson is a bit jealous of Emily Thorne now.

I initially thought I would have to match random loose akoyas at PP's office, but this accidental orphan half strand of freshadama metallics turned out really perfect - I can't be happier with the outcome!

Old Emily Thorne was on softflex with seed pearls as bumpers. The new Emily Thorne was knotted with Pattye's Beader's Secret in Cream. The drape is beautiful. This is barely my 2nd knotting project and it was already a 50+++ inch rope, phew! I don't love knotting but Pattye's Beaders Secret was so easy to use and definitely made it a lot easier!

You ladies are such enablers! But no clicking away, yet... too many upcoming projects to complete first!

Thinking about what to do with the blush metallic half strand... Perhaps a tin-cup a la Newberry style?
I picked up some single flower findings along with the findings I used on the shoulder duster earrings.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...ulder-Dusters!&p=159331&viewfull=1#post159331
Hmm... might work! :rolleyes:

IMG_2892.jpg

Wowowzie...I'm kind of glad I didn't go...I have 2 college tuitions to pay this fall.

Purr, you did the impossible...made a beautiful strand even better! I would do a hybrid tin cup with those wonderful pinky pearls...using rose gold and maybe some gemstones. Those flowers would be pretty with a pearl stud (like an earring jacket, but the flower hangs below the lobe).

Purr that looks fabulous! I really love how it turned out!

I love JP's suggestion of a hybrid tin cup. Maybe with Oregon sunstone or morganite? I'd be concerned about the flowers flipping in a neckclace, they'd probably stay face up in earrings. But they're gorgeous!

Thank you ladies for the suggestions! Haha Battah I LOVE morganites and actually did play around with that pairing. But strangely the morganite has a cooler pink tone and the pearl has a warmer pink tone so they didn't really go together and there isn't enough contrast, kinda fall in the inbetween land. So perhaps something with greater contrast would work too, back to the drawing board.

I actually don't mind the flower flipping over back and forth. I think both sides look very pretty and that's why I included both layout in the picture! Face up it is matt and textured, face down it looks like shiny petals! Haha Newberry's bracelet pearl tin-cup remake had the same qualities where the stations would flip back and forth but it's ok and it works!

JP I already have the flower dangle earrings and those work beautifully. I will likely do a combo of flowers, oval chains, and will see if I can find gemstone stations/bezels that works!

Sorry I'm late to this thread, but Greg and I just got back from San Francisco this morning at 3 a.m. Our flight was delayed several hours.

I'm sorry I missed hugging some of you goodbye. I didn't realize that I'd missed some people on my way out because I was in a bit of a panic. My first Uber attempt didn't work and I was afraid I'd be late to the airport. Anyway, it turned out that I had just completed my purchase at PP and my credit card company froze my credit card until I approved the transaction. Uber was linked to the same card, hence it didn't work. Thank you Hisano for getting us a ride to airport!

I enjoyed meeting all of you and I hope to come again next year.

P.S. We need to make that "calendar" happen. Anyone get any photos of that? Josh showed lots of photos of hunky tattooed men opening oysters. We were a bit distracted. Shells? What shells? I think Josh was a bit embarrassed that we kept pressing him to make a calendar "The Men of Kamoka," but we really enjoyed his presentation.

Anyway, here's what I bought:

Pistachio baroque akoyas from PP and a yellow gold orbit clasp. I need to string these myself.
A 22 inch strand of 8- 8 1/2 inch blue baroque akoya. I really didn't need more blues, but these were very pretty and an unusual length that hit me just right.
And a soufflé'/geode/finestrino/points/everythingbagel pearl enhancer from littleH, with emeralds and a diamond bail.

IMG_1335.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

And modeled! Excuse the nightgown. I'm still sleepy.

IMG_1339.jpg

LittleH enhancer on my Aunt Love's Blue Lagoon strand.

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

Back