Photos from the Ruckus 2016

Oh my, I wanted to especially hear Gemgeek's talk about eBay pearls! Maybe she can post and have slides on the site for education!

Last edited:
I was thinking that, I'd love to know more.

Blaire's talk was quite enlightening. We all know the problems with eBay pearl scammers, but she has done some serious research and statistics!

You guys are so nice. I am going to convert the presentation to an article, so you just have to wait a little while...

We can wait for Pearl knowledge, thanks Blaire!

Hmm, I see so many of you in photos wearing strands of pearls with gold chains together. I never do this, I am too afraid the chain will scratch or scar the pearls. I have never taken the risk. Should I get over this?

We can wait for Pearl knowledge, thanks Blaire!

Hmm, I see so many of you in photos wearing strands of pearls with gold chains together. I never do this, I am too afraid the chain will scratch or scar the pearls. I have never taken the risk. Should I get over this?

We don't go too rough with our pearls, and you're not going to get severe scratches from just layering them together. Pearls are delicate but they are not chalk soft either! And pearls are supposed to make us happy, so if layering them with metal chain makes you happy, you should go ahead! :)

Mom always says, even if you don't (lovingly) use your stuff, they will still grow old and yellow by just sitting there...

So I took no time to redo/upgrade Emily Thorne with the new freshadama metallics half strand I got at the ruckus.
The transition in the original version was very jagged since I didn't have the right materials.
IMG_2872.jpg

Here is the newly completed version:
IMG_2885.jpgIMG_2886.jpg

And yes Purranha clearly wants to claim the newly completed Emily Thorne.
IMG_2883.jpg

Now the new rope has PP's 24K GSSP half strand, mom's old champagne SSP, and the new freshadama metallics half strand - it is quite special!
The freshadama metallics are ssssooo beautiful with mirror like luster. I am beginning to kick myself for not getting full strands...

Beautiful, Purranha. And, you know, more beautiful pearls are just a few clicks of the computer mouse away. ;)

Could it get any better, Purranha? I'm thinking it's perfect right now!

Back