Official membership application - but is this beading?

No, it's not that bad - but I will get a girlfriend to take some photos this evening.

This is especially for Jerin! I am hoping that this qualifies a the "nicely strung strand"... I have used Sheri (la Corsetiere)'s method of doubling back through the strand to knot...

View attachment 3790

These are bead nucleated FW klonks - stacks of lustre, but klonk-ish nevertheless! 13.4 - 16.2mm!

Hi Nerida,

very well done, snug knots nestling to each pearl....:)
Are you sure they are bead nucleated? No tails and as they are baroque they truly could be 100% nacre - nice klonks with fine orient!:)

Hi Nerida,
Lovely knots, lovely pearls, gorgeous necklace. Thanks for the photo.

Thank you for the kind words, everyone... here is the promised neck shot (and an avatar now! I feel official!)

klonks!.jpg

Klonks!!.jpg

Jerin, they are tissue nucleated - sorry for the mixup.
Gemgeek - "klonky" enough??

Last edited:
FAB-U-LOUS!!! Those will stop traffic!! Wait until Caitlin, the "Klonk Queen" sees those! Amazing orient, wow, wow. wow!!!! Thanks much for the neck shot, too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

FAB-U-LOUS!!! Those will stop traffic!! Wait until Caitlin, the "Klonk Queen" sees those! Amazing orient, wow, wow. wow!!!! Thanks much for the neck shot, too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Ditto! Heavens! That neck shot clears up any confusion about being klonk-worthy, and they are luminuous. Also, you have a nice tanned neck which supplies the preferred contrast! :D

Thank you for the kind words, everyone... here is the promised neck shot (and an avatar now! I feel official!)

View attachment 3802

View attachment 3803

Jerin, they are tissue nucleated - sorry for the mixup.
Gemgeek - "klonky" enough??

Now Wilma Flintstone is getting competition I?d say. They are really huge and great orient too! 100% nacre - the very best you could get! Congratulations!

Just stunning! Ditto everyone else on the gorgeous orient and luster and this looks beautiful on you.

Those are wonderful klonks and they give the lie to the saying that the bigger pearls have less luster. Some of them obviously do!

(Octavia, would you please get them for me?;))

Dear Nerida:
Lovely pearls. Great stringing job! Wow Wow Wow! Don't you just love this website? Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
barbie

Those are wonderful klonks and they give the lie to the saying that the bigger pearls have less luster. Some of them obviously do!

(Octavia, would you please get them for me?;))

Octavia wishes she could! :)

p

p

Wow ! What a fabulous addition to your collection. The orient shows really well on the neck photos too.

Dear Nerida:
Lovely pearls. Great stringing job! Wow Wow Wow! Don't you just love this website? Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.
barbie

Thank you Barbie - yes, I do love this website... thank heavens that we have our pearl buddies who appreciate our work/purchases/longings!

I can't thank the forum members enough for fuelling my enthusiasm!

Back