First pearls

Thanks very much, I appreciate that. I'm going to wear it out today I think, I really like it.

That bracelet looks great now! What did you do?

- Karin

Thanks Karin, they're square knots tied between the pearls, similar to a shambala bracelet I think. I only used 6 pearls for it. I've got 10 left I haven't used yet.

I could probably do something like that with the remaining 10, Katbran. I found this photo the other day. Perhaps I could do that as a necklace. I don't really like having much mass on the underside of my wrist so as a bracelet it might get under my skin a bit.
image.jpg

I love the choker necklace with the hanging pendant in the photo you found. Visually very pleasing. Your newest photos are excellent!

I really like the contrast of the knotted bracelet. I made myself a multipurpose thingy a while back with wired Tahitian drops hanging randomely on a waxed cotton thread. The idea was for layering as a necklace but I can just manage to wrap it three time around my wrist for a casual look, layering with my Kamoka bracelet and another cotton/big Tahitian thing. Now I want to add another layer looking like your bracelet :) Rock'n roll!

- Karin

I saw Steven Tyler on a show last year..some singing competition thing. He was wearing a large loose white linen shirt half unbuttoned (bit like a pirate shirt lol ) and he had a necklace of leather with large Tahitian pearls scattered through it. The necklace must have been really long as it fell in three or four graduating ropes. Sitting ... well not really sitting...more like he was draped over the chair and the pearls were draped over him .. It was truly a fabulous look. Just a suggestion.. :)

Great photos btw :D

Thanks very much guys, I've been wearing the knotted bracelet constantly since I made it. I like it a lot, I wouldn't mind a few more like this.

Thanks BAS, I'm really drawn to that necklace as well and would love to have something like it, not sure if I should just try going for the choker part though?

Thanks Karin, any photos of that?

I think that was American Idol, Katbran. They did look very good on him however I don't think it's a look I could pull off. I guess that's more bohemian compared to how I dress. Great suggestion though, I actually had this saved.
image.jpg

Yes! I love him in pearls (and feathers). His style is so unique and perfect for him. I think you could pull off a choker and pendant. Why not? Give it a try and post pictures. Or you could wear each separately if it felt too much for you. Different looks with different collars.

Back