365 Days of Pearls

I'm waiting to hear the next catch phrase regarding pink linen from Sarah. :D Those Ts have wonderful color and luster but I'm still gawking at the blue akoya keshis... Love those!!! I didn't know such a thing existed!

I THINK Caitlin had a strand of tiny silver/blue akoya keshi on at Ruckus 2014?

OMG chicks with pearls, blue akoya keshi, pink linen with Tahitians, so much beauty! I am loving this thread!!

Wow, I love how the peacock colors pop against the pale pink linen -- just smashing, BN! And the blue necklace combo is divine! I am convinced I must find an akoya keshi strand.

I hope you will continue this thread well beyond 365 days, BN. I just love ogling the combos you design.

Okay, beyond the most amazingly colorful Tahitian pearls - that pink linen TOP! Cut on the BIAS - LOVE IT! Tender pink! So perfect on you. My online purchase of linen arrives tomorrow and because I have not tried on clothes in the store since I lost weight, I have no idea if they will fit. I pretty much only purchase Costco stuff, try it on at home and can return it easily as Costco is a half mile from my house. The sizes these days do not relate to the sizes of twenty years ago. A small is much larger now. Does anyone else have problems with sizing? I fit pants from size 2 to size 10, depending on the maker.

1. BN's chicken photo is on Kojima's Instagram!!!!

2. GemGeek, sizing is all over the place these days. Even brands I wore 2 years ago seem to be larger now. I always order 2 or 3 sizes because I can never tell what fits, and it's usually easier and less expensive (shipping wise) to order all the sizes at once and try everything on at the same time, than to order a size / return it / order another size / return it.

1. BN's chicken photo is on Kojima's Instagram!!!!

2. GemGeek, sizing is all over the place these days. Even brands I wore 2 years ago seem to be larger now. I always order 2 or 3 sizes because I can never tell what fits, and it's usually easier and less expensive (shipping wise) to order all the sizes at once and try everything on at the same time, than to order a size / return it / order another size / return it.

haha, I laughed when I saw Kojimas' post of BN's chicken photo! Chicks and pearls were meant to be together like PB & J!

BW, I complelety agree with you, sizes are crazy different amonge clothing manufacturers.

Okay, beyond the most amazingly colorful Tahitian pearls - that pink linen TOP! Cut on the BIAS - LOVE IT! Tender pink! So perfect on you. My online purchase of linen arrives tomorrow and because I have not tried on clothes in the store since I lost weight, I have no idea if they will fit. I pretty much only purchase Costco stuff, try it on at home and can return it easily as Costco is a half mile from my house. The sizes these days do not relate to the sizes of twenty years ago. A small is much larger now. Does anyone else have problems with sizing? I fit pants from size 2 to size 10, depending on the maker.

I completely agree, sizing is all over the place! Some places have vanity sizing, others don’t, it’s difficult to guage which size to buy. I purchase most of my clothing online and do what BWeaves does; I order 2 different sizes in a particular style. It’s costly at the time but ultimately you save time and money by not having to return/reorder.

The pink linen is awesome. I love the appearance of linen, it’s wonderfully cool in summer and the pink complements many of my pearls. I’ve had that shirt for about 20 years, purchased from the Gap when it was a newer, cooler store. I’ve gotten rid of a lot of clothing from 20-25 years ago that I’m kicking myself for because it’s all back in style again! Glad the pink linen button down is still around.

GemGeek, If you get the chance, maybe share a quick pic of which linen style you end up with, with its pearl-mate thrown over top?

Thank you, JerseyPearl, 86Corvettegirl, Cathy, Marianne, Katbran, 2thdktr, jesskat, amti, SunSeeker, Kay, GemGeek, BWeaves, newberry and BAS!

I showed my kids the Kojima Pearl Instagram pic of our hen “Flo” and my oldest said: “Flo has her own Instagram?”

:eek:

Last edited:
One of the reasons I like to order clothing from Boden is because they are the only company that lists body size AND clothing size for each item. It's the easiest way to tell how something is going to fit and how much ease there. And then I still order two sizes in case the size charts are wrong.

Day 348:

Waterfall rope from Kojima Pearl, freshwater metallic necklace from Pearl Paradise, tiny freshwater necklace from little h, freshwater metallic studs from Pearl Paradise.

I forgot to include the tiny freshwater necklace from little h in this first group pic!

939BC272-4B56-4CB6-AD4B-E711C98DBCB0.jpg

38ED640B-F0FC-421F-8919-BF8B864AE9F1.jpg

I started out wearing the waterfall rope and metallic freshwater necklace together.

CB6ECBE3-993E-4D7E-9944-228E0D505B6A.jpg

Then I added the tiny little h freshwater necklace.

CD22DD1E-494C-4333-B910-2F1A90B4FBA6.jpg

I liked the look of all 3 necklaces together but there was a lot going on in the dress (pattern, ruffles, hi-lo hem) so I opted for just the rope.

D6481D42-8890-4E43-81E2-F1C4E279D2A3.jpg

B6900825-D13F-44AD-AE96-D11E044AD5AC.jpg

F4A89993-F903-46C5-8724-2CD35C222445.jpg

70CAF72D-AA29-4DB1-832C-DB994794E73E.jpg

That's a beautiful summer look BabyNurse! That Waterfall necklace is stunning.

Back