365 Days of Pearls

Lovely selections all, Baby Nurse ... each one is so you ... and the layering possibilities are endless! If I had to choose favorites, it would be the earrings ... ALL the earrings ... Congratulations dear :)

All so darn gorgeous !! Love the new necklace - are the really really tiny pearls (?) the dyed silver ones ? Are they 2-3 mm ?? So cute !

Hello Katbran! Yes, the tiniest pearls are the dyed ones and they are 2mm at their widest.

Thank you, everyone for the enthusiasm! As always it’s much appreciated :)

DF0E6C16-FF41-42B7-BB44-5D736CFAD65A.jpg

Last edited:
Day 335:

Vintage coral bead necklace bought preloved from a PS member, coral and brass fan necklace, and feather pearl necklace, each purchased from Kojima Pearl.

38B5EAD2-DF2D-4033-838D-7A4FFEA80704.jpg

This our Easter Egger chick Fanta, so-named for her peachy/orange down. She hatched Sunday and arrived by mail early this morning.

C421CB2D-C7BB-4DC0-BA42-97230936B4A9.jpg

7E9BB7FD-D0FE-40C5-9AD1-3F2D998C72C2.jpg

C83B62CF-5E62-4465-AC42-DC3AA7AF84AA.jpg

B38FE550-C286-4D9C-BD83-3373CF9822AB.jpg

Baby Nurse is having a gorgeous party around her neck and invited the cutest chick EVER!!! Fanta LOL :)

Now that's all very smart looking and buying on PS made it extra nice...a great savings I'm sure. I havent looked on there in ages and was impressed at the bargains available. We should remember to remind people who are looking for pearls to take a look on there. One seller had lots of PP stuff but I wasn't too sure about it... did PP ever sell dyed chocolate freshwater pearls ? Or Akoya from PP's own pearl farm?

Either way you got some lovely 'bargains' !!

Fanta is adorable! What breed is he (or she?)

Fanta is a female Easter Egger chicken. Here is the definition from cacklehatchery.com.

“In current American usage an Easter Egger is any chicken that possesses the "blue egg" gene, but doesn't fully meet any breed standard defined in the American Poultry Association's (APA) standards, or in the case of Easter Egger bantams, the American Bantam Association's (ABA) standards.”

So they are considered “mutts” lol but are very popular for their pastel eggs, and probably also because they are much less expensive than Pure bred blue egg layers like Ameraucanas or Legbars.

Now that's all very smart looking and buying on PS made it extra nice...a great savings I'm sure. I havent looked on there in ages and was impressed at the bargains available. We should remember to remind people who are looking for pearls to take a look on there. One seller had lots of PP stuff but I wasn't too sure about it... did PP ever sell dyed chocolate freshwater pearls ? Or Akoya from PP's own pearl farm?

Either way you got some lovely 'bargains' !!

That gal is a member here as well (and not the person I bought the coral beads from). I think she’s selling in a hurry to help fund a wedding and may not be thinking as clearly as she normally would... definitely some misinformation.

OK, I understand now about Easter Egger! :D I hope you will post updates as she grows, as you did for Buckbeak.

So far three different people have emailed me this photo of Fanta and the pearls today! Had to log on and see for myself!
That is SO cute! You are going to be a very tough act to follow with all this :)
Such fantastic photos! Best part of my day. :eek:

That gal is a member here as well (and not the person I bought the coral beads from). I think she’s selling in a hurry to help fund a wedding and may not be thinking as clearly as she normally would... definitely some misinformation.

I just took a look at her listings, and my guess is that her "champagne" pearls from Druzy Designs are SoC. The earrings are already on hold.

Cute, cute chick and lovely layers (just realized my pun :rolleyes:) as usual.

Ah .. well thats good to know !! You found some beauties !!

Back