365 Days of Pearls

Aww, BWeaves, your bunny is precious and clearly adored! My family has 3 pet bunnies in our past also!

My first time seeing your pearl bunny, BN, amazing! No doubt you will have started the premier trend of 2017, chic chick fashion accessory, soon to be seen on NY to Paris runways! Oh, and the extraordinary Tahitians.

Such a pleasure to check out the new postings here daily!

Hahaha!! "Chic chick fashion accessory..."

I will bring the love birds ring and blue bunny to the next ruckus, Pattye. I'd bring Hilda along, too, if I thought the airline wouldn't complain about it. I could say she's my emotional support animal...

Kindred spirits, BWeaves! The green one, 7", is mine. The beige belongs to my oldest son.

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Day 101:

Golden South Sea strand from Eiko Pearl Company. IcyJade helped me buy this strand-- thank you, Icy!

This piece was my 3rd attempt at stringing. Don't look too closely!

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg

IMG_6561.jpg

BUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIES!!!!!!! That really made my day. Kindred spirits indeed. It's the same bunny. heheheh.

And those goldens are so golden they don't even look like pearls until the closeups where you can see the overtones. They look like 24K gold. Wow!

So here's my bunny story. I had a blue bunny that someone gave me for Easter when I was 2 or 3 years old. I'm Jewish, so I have no idea why someone would give me an Easter bunny, but I fell in love with it. Bunny was my constant companion until I was 11 years old. Then we moved from England to the USA, and my Mom wanted me to give Bunny away because she didn't want to pack it. I foolishly agreed. Much like the Velveteen Rabbit, my Bunny was plumb wore out. Years later I found the minty blue green bunny (in my previous photo) at Anthropologie and just had to have it. I sleep with it tucked under my arm because Bunny is comforting and a non-addicting sleep aid. Darling husband thinks it is cute that he gets to sleep with two bunnies. That's why Bunny in the photo looks a little rough. She's been through the washing machine a few times. Unbeknownst to darling hubby, I bought a back up blue Bunny in case current Bunny totally falls apart.

The brand name is Jellycat and they make really lovely stuffed animals.

Last edited:
It's like you're wearing balls of gold. Incredible.

And I envy your jump into stringing. I don't think I'll ever join you there...

Those golds are incredible. Did you have a strand of golds from Golay or did I remember wrongly. If you do how do these 2 strands compare?

The golden pearls hang very nicely, baby nurse, so no worries about that stringing job! Their color is amazing!

I'd love to see a side by side shot with the other golden strand. (Had to hunt for it-- day 41:
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...Days-of-Pearls&p=176447&viewfull=1#post176447)

Which one do you find yourself wearing more-- the slightly lighter golden strand (which I thought was beautiful, by the way) or the darker one?

Last edited:
Those golds are incredible. Did you have a strand of golds from Golay or did I remember wrongly. If you do how do these 2 strands compare?

There are 2 strands and both are from Eiko Pearl Co. The one that I first posted which was day 41 (thank you Pearl Dreams!) is slightly lighter gold but better luster and stronger overtones, smaller pearls, shorter length. It's 9.1-12.8 and 17 3/4" long. The one above is deeper gold, larger and longer. It's 11.1-14.8mm and 19.5".

I was (am) delighted with the first one but ultimately wanted a deeper gold so bought the second a few months later. I love 'em both :eek: !

Last edited:
BUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIES!!!!!!! That really made my day. Kindred spirits indeed. It's the same bunny. heheheh.

And those goldens are so golden they don't even look like pearls until the closeups where you can see the overtones. They look like 24K gold. Wow!

So here's my bunny story. I had a blue bunny that someone gave me for Easter when I was 2 or 3 years old. I'm Jewish, so I have no idea why someone would give me an Easter bunny, but I fell in love with it. Bunny was my constant companion until I was 11 years old. Then we moved from England to the USA, and my Mom wanted me to give Bunny away because she didn't want to pack it. I foolishly agreed. Much like the Velveteen Rabbit, my Bunny was plumb wore out. Years later I found the minty blue green bunny (in my previous photo) at Anthropologie and just had to have it. I sleep with it tucked under my arm because Bunny is comforting and a non-addicting sleep aid. Darling husband thinks it is cute that he gets to sleep with two bunnies. That's why Bunny in the photo looks a little rough. She's been through the washing machine a few times. Unbeknownst to darling hubby, I bought a back up blue Bunny in case current Bunny totally falls apart.

The brand name is Jellycat and they make really lovely stuffed animals.

I do the same thing! I got a teddy bear when I was 8 and I still sleep with him. My sister got a stuffed cat at about the same age you got your bunny and decided in her 20s it was silly to still be sleeping with him and forced herself to stop. Consequently I did as well and stopped sleeping with Teddy. I think that lasted a few years and I don't recall when I started sleeping with him again but I love it! A lot of people have difficulty sleeping and this is infinitely better than reaching for a sleeping pill.

My oldest just turned 11 and adores his stuffed animals. Every time we go on a trip he brings a different one so they each get a chance to travel! It's very sweet. Who knows how he'll feel in a year; I'm glad he's enjoying them now.

Cherish those sweet times...my son just sent me a photo of himself in a shark costume at his college fraternity's safari party. Don't even ask about how a shark got to be on safari...it had something to do with a temporary moat. He graduates in three weeks!

Lol, a temporary moat!

Yes, I have to keep reminding myself that these moments are going to fly by. It was at this time of year that we first brought him home from the hospital. He was so small, with those delicate hands and feet and soft baby hair. Now he's 11 and almost as tall as me! Keep reminding me, Jersey Pearl!

Thank you, Pearly-Whites!

Here's a very a propos picture! It used to be on the Kojima Pearl website, and may still be there.

IMG_1877.jpg

The golden pearls hang very nicely, baby nurse, so no worries about that stringing job! Their color is amazing!

I'd love to see a side by side shot with the other golden strand. (Had to hunt for it-- day 41:
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/s...Days-of-Pearls&p=176447&viewfull=1#post176447)

Which one do you find yourself wearing more-- the slightly lighter golden strand (which I thought was beautiful, by the way) or the darker one?

Thank you for the kind remarks, Pearl Dreams and for your wonderful tutorial. Many people have thanked you and honestly, that tutorial saved my sanity! It's been months now since I tried stringing and I suspect I'll be learning it all over again : )

Through the winter months I've worn the darker strand (above) more often. The bolder color, size and length is more harmonious with the simple v neck sweaters and cardigans I've been wearing. I think I'll probably reach for the lighter one during the warm months. We'll see!

I'd be happy to photograph them side by side. I'll post a pic tomorrow!

I don't have time to post today's pearls but I wanted to share some earrings I bought. I have a lot of necklaces but few earrings so I was excited to do some shopping! Vendor pics to follow.

IMG_1861.JPG

These (above) are 10-10.5mm round Tahitians. They're slightly green/blue silver with wonderful luster. These will be studs and will match nicely with a lot of strands I have.

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

I took advantage of the sale at Kojima Pearl and picked up these. They'll be so fun to wear this summer! Roughly 9.7mm Tahitians with tourmaline briolettes on oxidized silver with gold vermeil ear wires. 2" long.

IMG_1891.JPG

Also from Kojima. 9x11mm Cream colored drops with peach overtone, rhodium plated silver, topaz hoops. I have a lot of ivory/peach/pink so these should see a lot of wear.

I also contacted PP re 6-7.5mm round fwp studs. I'll share those as well once I've made a decision regarding them.

Well you have been a busy little shopping bunny that's for sure !!! I love the silver studs ! And the Kojima earrings are fun !

JP- I had to laugh at the shark costume. A typical boy decision. A girl would have stuck to the theme..a boy walks into the costume shop and goes....cool ... a shark...!! It just as easily could have been a dinosaur.

Back