365 Days of Pearls

Wow, BN you continue to amaze. The metallic pendant is stunning with the sharpness of luster!

What are the dimensions of the pendant? I think it is a wonderful size. All of the earrings are fabulous, my personal favorites the matching metallics in the middle size. You wear them all well.

I am hoping to have my Burmese studs mounted this week. They are very special as you well know.

That drop is absolutely beautiful!

I really like the first earring combo. The colours match perfectly and I don't think the studs are too small at all. Just perfect, and so lustrous too! The second combo is also pretty, I think the largest studs overwhelm the pendant a bit.

Thanks, hanadama. It occurred to me that if I posted a picture that included my whole torso and head, it would give a better perspective. But the view of ear and pendant isn't too bad.

Yes, color and luster are a perfect match. I'm just not used to wearing earrings smaller than 9mm lol! And I do think the 10-11 overwhelm the pendant.

I like the first earrings, too. I don't think they are too small at all.

BWeaves, given your recent thread on stud size, I consider you an expert! So thank you for weighing in!

When I pulled these little studs out to try on with the pendant, I was shocked at how beautiful they are. Lustrous and round, pink overtones and completely blemish free. So many pieces that I'd more or less forgotten about. Anyway, I do like the look and will wear these more often.

I'm also going with the first option. I don't think 7.5mm is too small; the luster and color are perfectly matched to your pendant--which is stunning by the way!

Thanks, SunSeeker. Agreed. I do think they look great together. I'm just not used to the smaller size : )

So the 7.5mm is a size you like the look of and appreciate because they are light on the lobe? The more I think about it, the more I'm liking these with the pendant because of color and proportion. But if I just felt like wearing some white studs, I'd likely reach for the larger ones.

Thanks for sharing Red!

Yes, the 7.5s. I think Cathy reversed the first and second sets of photos when she put them upright. The medium sized studs have a distinctly more creamy yellow body color than your gorgeous pendant.

Wow, BN you continue to amaze. The metallic pendant is stunning with the sharpness of luster!

What are the dimensions of the pendant? I think it is a wonderful size. All of the earrings are fabulous, my personal favorites the matching metallics in the middle size. You wear them all well.

I am hoping to have my Burmese studs mounted this week. They are very special as you well know.

You like the 9-10mm! I like them as well. I'm going to have to try the two sets of fwp studs (7.5 and 9-10mm) and pendant on again. First world problems.

You're getting your SS studs mounted this week-- good for you! I'll be looking for your pictures.

The pendant Pearl is 11X 15mm.

Yes, the 7.5s. I think Cathy reversed the first and second sets of photos when she put them upright. The medium sized studs have a distinctly more creamy yellow body color than your gorgeous pendant.

Yes, the 9-10mm ones are definitely more creamy than the pendant.

Thanks for clarifying your choice!

Day 48:

Today was a layering day. Layering is not my forte but I love the look so I'm giving it a try. These are all pieces I've posted before.

To begin, here is yesterday's PP fwp pendant.

Freshwater pendant from PP

And here are two rosebud strands from CC and the 6mm akoya strand I purchased in the early 90s (my first pearl purchase!)

two rosebud strands from Catherine Cardellini and the 6mm akoya strand

Here they are on. I really like this together, the smooth and the bumpy and the difference in size between the rosebuds and the little akoya.

I really like this together, the smooth and the bumpy and the difference in size between the rosebuds and the little akoya

I added yesterday's pendant. I'm pleased with it but not sure if it's too much. The colors are different but I like the combo of cream and white. What say you?

Freshwater pendant with rosebud freshwater and original akoya

Freshwater pendant with rosebud freshwater and original akoya

I like the 3 strands together, but the pendant may be too much with it. I'm sure everyone else will disagree with me. It's actually not the pearl pendant that bothers me, but the V shape of the chain that doesn't seem to go with the U shape of the pearl necklaces.

It is all amazing and I loved the funny comment...a first world problem.
We are all so blessed.

I like the 3 strands together, but the pendant may be too much with it. I'm sure everyone else will disagree with me. It's actually not the pearl pendant that bothers me, but the V shape of the chain that doesn't seem to go with the U shape of the pearl necklaces.

I hadn't noticed but now I can't stop seeing it lol!!!

I like the color contrast between the pendant and the strands -- it's like they play on each other.

I like the color contrast between the pendant and the strands -- it's like they play on each other.

Yes I thought so too, linda. I wasn't crazy about it at first but then really liked it. I enjoy seeing different shades of white, ivory, cream together.

Back