365 Days of Pearls

Wow. I didn't like it laying by itself, but when worn, it looks like a piece of modern art. I wish Catherine Cardellini would model her pieces on necks (either real or a maniken). I just can't tell what her pieces really look like laying in a clump.

Last edited:
Thank you, BN. Look at the luscious colors and the amazing shapes.

You are welcome. I’d been thinking the same thing; so many pieces that need to be taken out and loved!

This necklace really is lovely and I’d all but forgotten it.

Wow. I didn't like it laying by itself, but when worn, it looks like a piece of modern art. I wish Catherine Cardellini would model her pieces on necks (either real or a manenin). I just can't tell what her pieces really look like laying in a clump.

I’ve often wondered why there are no pictures on busts. It adds a completely different perspective!

Thank you, annie and 86CG! I’ve been on a Tahitian and South Sea kick for so long, I’d forgotten how beautiful freshwater pearls can be.

Day 355:

A new purchase to share! I’ve been lusting over Purranha’s Heather Benjamin pieces since she first posted them and recently ordered these: long bird of prey necklace and abalone horn earrings. Totally worth the wait, I LOVE them! Thank you to Purranha for introducing us to this incredible line and to Heather for her genius in creating them!

I’ve layered the bird of prey necklace with the feather pearl necklace and the Tahitian/ freshwater Keshi rope from Kojima Pearl.

View attachment 63182

View attachment 63183

View attachment 63184

View attachment 63185

View attachment 63186

View attachment 63187

View attachment 63188

View attachment 63189

Heather is a close personal friend of mine and an incredible jewelry artist. I love her stuff!

Purranha, could you possible tell me what tread you posted your HB treasures? I remember seeing them but can't find the pics now because I don't remember the thread I saw them in. I'm currently looking at 2 different earrings...one is like the pair BN has & the other is a dangle post style with a beetle wing at the top & a smaller abalone horn at the bottom. I just can't decide which one I like the best. I've sent Heather my email so she can send me pics.

Hi 86Corvettegirl! Sorry I just saw your posting now. To be honest I think my pictures may have been peppered throughout "Show Us Your Pearls in Action" thread and some NYC mini-ruckus threads. I don't have a centralized thread for Heather Benjamin pieces!

I'm very lucky to be located in NYC where both little h and Heather Benjamin participate in a twice a year trade show and have lended me credentials to sneak in (yes I was "Jeremy from PP" a few times lolol!). I have taken LOTS of photos in those trade shows and have shared dropbox link with ladies who were interested and asked.

I have removed the folder from my Dropbox since it takes up a lot of space, but since there's interest, I'll put the folder back on Dropbox tonight and share link here again soon. But please note I'll probably remove the folder again in a few weeks since my Dropbox is constantly running out of capacity lolol!

Stay tuned!

Heather is a close personal friend of mine and an incredible jewelry artist. I love her stuff!

I love her stuff, too!

A few more pictures of her pieces.

8A3ABE93-DB4E-4954-A2EE-C645B7877BD2.jpg

D9B981B5-F547-437C-82B7-64EA6F285BE2.jpg

62BDA86F-F953-46D6-BC45-8F7481EA5443.jpg

Day 353:

Soufflé pendant and tiny Keshi necklace from Kojima Pearl, metallic freshwater dangles.

Click image for larger version  Name:	75417D05-5AD2-4D4B-AA8A-38A70D38CEEF.jpg Views:	1 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	384283

Click image for larger version  Name:	B279878D-7D4D-4B9B-BFC8-B4115EA05CC0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	384284

Click image for larger version  Name:	63D3C09E-80EE-4716-BB73-9A4B45DC70FA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	384285

Click image for larger version  Name:	4A5EE3C4-0481-4E46-B381-C7809C4DE2D4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.9 KB ID:	384286

Click image for larger version  Name:	839ECAB5-51A9-4617-8292-F22113F2D484.jpg Views:	1 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	384287

Last edited by a moderator:
Those metallic earrings have spoiled me when it comes to high luster. I see a description of a pearl as being high luster, and I'm thinking, the image of the camera doesn't show the lens and you can't see the individual fingers of the photographer. Those pearls are truly rare and outstanding.

Those metallic earrings have spoiled me when it comes to high luster. I see a description of a pearl as being high luster, and I'm thinking, the image of the camera doesn't show the lens and you can't see the individual fingers of the photographer. Those pearls are truly rare and outstanding.

I hear you, Red! Great luster is my favorite characteristic in a pearl. When I bought this pair of earrings, he had several to choose from and I bought two pairs. At the time I felt like I should have shown more self restraint but I’m glad now to have both. I’ll post a picture of them a bit later.

Back