365 Days of Pearls

Ooh, that's just divine ... tiny seed pearl geodes ... tiny pearl strand, glorious Golay drop ... and a bunny ballerina ... that made my day :)

It looks like it was made for the ballerina bunny! :eek: I have been really into using tiny pearl strands for chains lately, too. I bought several loose strands at the last gem show so I could make all different lengths. I love your new strand with that gorgeous drop! (On you, and bunny, too!)

Your bunny photo is so cute! And I Iove the addition of the Golay SS drop with the tiny pearl chain. I also enjoy using tiny pearl strands as chains. So lovely, BN!

Thank you, BWeaves, Cathy, jeg, Katbran, SunSeeker and GemGeek!

I spotted the little bunny at TJMaxx the other day and was going to give it a pass until I noticed the tiny pearls lining the waist of her tutu! It’s a good time of year to find bunny props : )

Day 321:

I finally managed to restring my goldens! These were 20-22” and I shortened them to 17” using pattye’s gold Beaders Secret. Since I launched back into stringing, I placed an order for 4 different colors of thread and could not believe how quickly they arrived. One minute I was thinking “I should really order more thread” and the next it was in my hands. Thank you pattye!

The shorter length makes this strand feel brand new and the gold thread looks a lot better than what it was originally strung on which I think was cream. Earrings are little h sapphire Confetti geodes.

7E15AF72-6E75-47D7-9B9D-2E8D5D4D3054.jpg

1CB363FA-C19A-4897-8ADD-CDDAB52E5846.jpg

Here is the same strand when it was longer.

C60A423E-6A72-4AC3-81BA-0C57A009EAF8.jpg

And here it is shorter. I have the extra pearls safely tucked away if I feel like lengthening it.

2E4C88E3-ACF2-43A8-AC32-C9102E512CC4.jpg

A418D695-928F-4A18-9041-2A5EECAF1ADF.jpg

61C36B80-55F8-4295-8D0B-93634944B65B.jpg

CD9BCD08-0069-431C-ACDE-A94086F44F93.jpg

7D0AF1DC-F47D-4889-A179-66925C9114C5.jpg

GSS Tin Cup bracelet with matching clasp that you could add back into the necklace for length when needed? Not that I'm a troublemaker or anything lol ... always such a delight to see this beautiful strand, and it looks so pretty with the Confetti earrings!

Ha, another trouble maker here. I though a GSS tin cup bracelet too :) and yes those earrings are awesome!

I love the shorter length, looks fabulous on you, especially paired with little h confetti earrings.
Your hand knotting looks perfect too, gotta love the beader’s secret thread.

Little confession, I had been absent from PG for quite sometime and when I came back I read through your 365 days of pearls, it probably took me 5 days. I was inspired by not only your pearl pieces but also your combinations, style, outfits and everyone’s comments. Thank you :)

I can't remember which necklace your originally strung to 17", but I was floored by how flattering that length is. I've since restrung a couple of my necklaces to 17". You are an inspiration, BN.

Great knotting job!! Also, you nailed it with the shorter length!

About the extra pearls, if you get a matching clasp you could also knot up a simple extender; it doesn't have to be long enough for a bracelet.

I absolutely love those goldens! I bet I'll love the tin cup you make with the extra pearls, too. ;)

Thank you, Cathy, Marianne, Simply adorned, Katbran, MSC, BWeaves, Pearl Dreams, amti, Pareltje, and SunSeeker!

Great idea re the tin cup, Cathy, Marianne, Katbran, and amti! I’d love to do the bracelet or a tin cup necklace with some South Sea Keshi added in.

Last edited:
I love the shorter length, looks fabulous on you, especially paired with little h confetti earrings.
Your hand knotting looks perfect too, gotta love the beader’s secret thread.

Little confession, I had been absent from PG for quite sometime and when I came back I read through your 365 days of pearls, it probably took me 5 days. I was inspired by not only your pearl pieces but also your combinations, style, outfits and everyone’s comments. Thank you :)

I’ve worked hard on the knotting but I’m also really enjoying it. It opens up a lot of possibilities, doesn’t it?

I’m flattered that you got through the whole thread— that’s a lot of pages!

Back