365 Days of Pearls

I love how you can wear every color of pearl. Congratulations on the restringing. I love pearls peeking out of colorful scarves like that. Beautiful.

I swear I knot every strand 3 times in a row before I'm sort of satisfied with my stringing job. The pearls are lovely and I would have never thought to wear them with T's. What a great combination.

Congratulations, BN!! Well done! Your pearls and knotting are just beautiful. It took me a looooong time before I could knot a strand and be satified on the first try.

Your ripples are lovely...the soft peach color is perfect for spring! On restringing, since these look to be larger pearls, you may want to try a heavier weight thread. Did you happen to notice the size of the drill holes? It doesn't look as though the knots are slipping into the holes, but sometimes the weight of the pearls can make the knots slip. After setting the knot, I always hold the entire strand vertically and give one last small tug. Kind of the way Sarah recently demonstrated her stringing on Instagram. The weight of the rest of the strand works to keep the knot placed while adding on the next pearl.

I've been neglecting this thread lately - BN, your combos are awesome. I love how you mix up formal pearl looks with casual looks, it's fabulous <3 And that scarf! <3

I love how you can wear every color of pearl. Congratulations on the restringing. I love pearls peeking out of colorful scarves like that. Beautiful.

Thank you, Red! I’m rediscovering scarves thanks to Purranha and really loving the color and texture with pearls:)

I swear I knot every strand 3 times in a row before I'm sort of satisfied with my stringing job. The pearls are lovely and I would have never thought to wear them with T's. What a great combination.

I recall you saying that about the knotting and it made me feel better! I’ve knotted the golden twice and will do it a 3rd tomorrow. I removed 8 pearls to shorten it and it was too much so I’ll add 2 when I restring and see if that works. Practice! Practice! Lol

Congratulations, BN!! Well done! Your pearls and knotting are just beautiful. It took me a looooong time before I could knot a strand and be satified on the first try.

I’m loving it, SunSeeker. It takes me 2 hours to do an 18” strand, but it’s therapeutic.

Your ripples are lovely...the soft peach color is perfect for spring! On restringing, since these look to be larger pearls, you may want to try a heavier weight thread. Did you happen to notice the size of the drill holes? It doesn't look as though the knots are slipping into the holes, but sometimes the weight of the pearls can make the knots slip. After setting the knot, I always hold the entire strand vertically and give one last small tug. Kind of the way Sarah recently demonstrated her stringing on Instagram. The weight of the rest of the strand works to keep the knot placed while adding on the next pearl.

Thank you for the tips!! I will try this. I don’t have enough experience yet I don’t think to be able to really comment on the drill hole size. They didn’t seem big and the knots were large enough not to slip into them but I remember thinking if they were just a bit smaller (the knots), they would. So maybe the holes are larger.

I watched Sarah’s stringing on Instagram—I’ll have to watch more carefully . Am definitely at the noob stage ; )

Haha OOOOMMMMGGGG LUV LUV LUV how the minty sweater and heavenly fluffy scarf and the ripple all play beautifully together!!!

Yes!! Cashmere sweaters and cashmere/silk scarves were meant to layer harmoniously with pearls!

I've been neglecting this thread lately - BN, your combos are awesome. I love how you mix up formal pearl looks with casual looks, it's fabulous <3 And that scarf! <3

I’m flattered, battah!! Thank you sooo much!

I received these lovelies this week from little h. A 16mm long 3-3.5mm freshwater pearl necklace, and soufflé pearl and seed pearl geode earrings. THRILLED to have these!!

The photo Hisano sent me.

5202A896-B342-4419-9CAF-00AC0D84BE51.jpg

Thank you, Katbran. The scarf is pink which is my favorite color, and has skulls on it which gives it a bit of an edge. Perfect!

Thank you, MSC! They are tiny works of art with the little seed pearls. Even the backs of the soufflés have wonderful luster.
She has another pair that are similar to these...:)

Day 320:

I purchased the tiny little h freshwater pearl necklace to wear on its own or layered. For fun I decided to try it with my Golay South Sea drop. Earrings are my akoya studs from Pearl Paradise and tiny freshwater studs.

1F73D104-EAB2-4EB9-9FDA-93FB7F1BF83E.jpg

21A203E7-87C9-40D4-9762-0E6FBC48F432.jpg

58DA4B3D-4C3F-48E6-B28A-5B31814D9BC6.jpg

0EBA79B9-EC17-4902-AC97-A3F84AD655E4.jpg

57F9A980-FEB4-49A2-A05A-1074C2CADE65.jpg

94DB56F8-610D-43EB-8EA3-01335E258F21.jpg

F2580C8F-73BE-430F-8D79-A968C6CA7C6E.jpg

F265665E-0FDC-48A4-B05B-678C2C2060E2.jpg

BALLERINA BUNNNY in a TUTU!!! You know my weakness.

That look is so classic, I love it. White studs and a glorious drop.

Back