Tucson Purchases

GemGeek

Pearlista
Okay. You've waited long enough. First off is a better photo of Sarah Canizzaro's ring. See www.kojimapearl.com for more of Sarah's work. It's lavender with a blue iridescence. You'll notice that I'm giving the sellers credit wherever possible. If you'd seen how slow things were, you would immediately understand.

Kojima.jpg

If you like the big baroque akoyas (9 - 9.5mm), I got a terrific deal from a great NYC guy.

DSCN1970.jpg

I wasn't planning to make any other big purchases after the ring, but my friends said that the Imperial booth had Eyris pearls on sale. They never sell them directly at the AGTA, but they had some overstock and it was a show special.

Peter Bazar treated me like a queen and let me paw over everything endlessly until I made up my mind. Thank goodness for credit cards! You can see Eyris pearls for sale on their website www.pearls.com by clicking on Eyris or click on the pearl partner link to find a store where you can see them in person. You know how obsessed I am with abalone mabes!

This is not an enhancer, but will be permanently mounted at the center of two strands...

DSCN1951.jpg

Does this pop, or what?

DSCN1953.jpg

This one is already sold. It was a valentine's day gift! <sigh>
DSCN1954.jpg

Part two is coming...

Last edited:
Let's see... First a sweet little pearl strand connector. These guys have some of the finest freshwaters in the world.

DSCN1964.jpg

Then, I actually got a gemstone! I must be true to my nickname. It's a rhodolite garnet cut by Clay Zava.
DSCN1967.jpg

And some sweet pearl findings from Kimarie Designs. She specializes in incredibly beautiful high karat gold findings with tiny ornate designs. Perfect for making up fabulous pearl earrings. www.kimariedesigns.com

DSCN1984.jpg

more coming...

Yes, there is one pearl left. It's a super jumbo that I'm going to mount on a double strand of faceted black spinels. The pearl was a show special from Pearls4Girls. I see their adverstising all over the web.

DSCN1975.jpg

Not pearls, but I always wanted a strand of natural diamonds. I call this "pretty bort". Some people call it sanding abrasive! ;)
DSCN1981.jpg

DSCN1972.jpg

That's it! I hope you liked seeing my purchases. ;)

Cheers,
Blaire

Somebody had fun. I should have gone. Its not tjhat far. Thanks for the report.

Mikey, you could have driven there in a flash! Okay, maybe not a flash, but the price of gas was a lot better than I had thought it would be. ;)

Hi Blaire,

You got some lovely acquisitions in Tucson. WOW, WOW, WOW. I am having pearl lust, especially the Eyris pearls with blue, turquoise and green, yummy! Oh yes, the kasumi ring is such a treat. I love the lavender with blue. Last, the jumbo Tahitian ...yowza. What can I say - I have a weakness for Tahitian pearls.

Thank you for showing the pictures.

Blaire, you made some amazingly beautiful purchases. I've never seen the rough diamonds before, thanks for the education. I have seen and admired Sarah's ring, though. Glad you were the one to glom onto it.

FABULOUS! So many beautiful pieces-- I have Eyris envy. The ring is a killer, and those black diamonds with that spectacular Tahitian--oh to die for.

Is it okay if I am jealous?

Beth

Everything is amazing-- you have excellent taste! :)

The findings look great-- I found Kimarie Designs www.kimariedesigns.com a while back and they told me they can make white gold versions at a customer's request.

I love those black diamonds. I've had a black rough diamonds and smooth white pearls idea for a while now.....
very courreges!

Jealousy? This is a first for me! ;) Excellent taste? I have some friends who would argue with that! :eek:

Kimarie is so nice. The first time I met her, she freaked out because she had received returned mail from the post office saying that our friend Leslie was deceased. Up I walk with a very live Leslie and Kimarie burst into tears.

Thanks for another fantastic photo. diary Blaire.
I love reading these.
And all your purchases are gorgeous - am pushed to name a favourite....:)

Jealousy? This is a first for me! ;) Excellent taste? I have some friends who would argue with that! :eek:

Kimarie is so nice. The first time I met her, she freaked out because she had received returned mail from the post office saying that our friend Leslie was deceased. Up I walk with a very live Leslie and Kimarie burst into tears.

You're just joshin' us right? Because of course you know we think you have great taste and here you are sharing all these great pictures which just prove the point for us. Sweet.
Thank you,
barbie

Tucson Treats!

Tucson Treats!

Speaking of "joshing" us. Here is a photo of one of Kimarie's amazing bead caps with one of Josh's pearls. I can double triple vouch for Kimarie being wonderful. I have known her for more than a decade, and we have had some wild adventures together. Both her designs and her character are treats to behold.
P.S. Gem Geek YOU ROCK!
Thank you More please...

Attachments

• kimarikamokakojima.jpg
    kimarikamokakojima.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 65
Blaire, your new treasures are beautiful... love the eyris blue..
I bought from your NY vendor at the HK show, I am sure. just checking my invoice. They were fantastic.
Sarah - that is stunning!! And the colour of your kasumis is picked up perfectly by Josh's stunning pearl.. but that goldwork!! amazing, and awe inspiring. In my next life...

Oh, thanks Sarah for the wonderful photo. It's sublime! ;)

For everyone else, Sarah and Kimarie do other shows besides Tucson, so there's still a chance to meet them and check out their goodies first-hand. But I guarantee you that they will be happy to work with you over the phone or by email to help you find the right item. We're really lucky to have easy access to the best. :)

I have to add, that I had a full inventory and very little spending money, so this was a totally different trip. It wasn't my usual buying trip for my business/conferences. That said, I did get some great stuff, part of which I will sell, eventually. ;)

To go to Tucson is to bathe yourself in beauty and creativity, and to learn as much as you are open to learning. Everyone should go at least once in their lifetime. You don't have to go to the wholesale shows to appreciate it -- the entire town seems to become a roadside attraction anyway. During the second week most of the shows open to the public and the rockhounds are out in full-force - great fun! :D

What a wonderful trip you had with beautiful finds - congratulations, Blaire!

Back