Some of Caitlin's Pearls

Caitlin

I have been messing around with poor results tyring to copy posts with good pix over here, so instead I am going to just start some new threads of people's pearls
This pic is a closeup of some strands I made this year
The top is 8mm black pearls with crystal nuggets
the second is small button pearls with aquamarine rondells
The third is small buttons with labradorite rondells
The forth is large 9mm button pearls with 9mm faceted paeridots
the fifth is 9mm buttons with rose quartz
the bottom is 11-12mm commercial quality black dyed CFWP with 4mm nuggets. Note the cracks and blemishes-they are part of the character of the strand and they are available at about 1/30th the price of high quality pearls of the same size. They bring huge pearls into my price range.
Don't forget, I am a charter member of the Lowly Beader's Club and that is mostly what I still do.

All of 2006 I have explored pearls plus. That means Big pearls plus little pearls or pearls plus another gemstone. I have not yet run out of combinations to try so maybe I will do it all during 2007 too!

Attachments

• pearl patterns 005.jpg
    pearl patterns 005.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Oh Caitlin those are all just lovely! You have some really good quality button pearls. Are these the long strands that you mentioned were so popular in the boutique, or a mixture? Thanks much for the photos--
Pattye

This one is of four strands I made for glasses holders

The inside strand is a random mix of 9mm peacock and 4mm peacock pearls
The second one is a regular pattern of large to medium then smaller peacosk pearls
The third one is chartreuse dyed 8mm pearls alternating with chatreuse glass beads and small chartreuse dyed pearls
The outside strand is pink fw keshi aletrnating with clear quartz

Attachments

• 4 for glasses.jpg
    4 for glasses.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 67
This one is a strand of 9mm peacock and matching earrings I made for a friend. It is a good picture because it shows the colors well. this one is 22"

Attachments

• annakts set 001.jpg
    annakts set 001.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hi Pattye
This is a 40" version of the one above.

Attachments

• crpd 9+mm 30 inch necklace 3.jpg
    crpd 9+mm 30 inch necklace 3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This is the only coin pearl necklace I have made. It was done with amethyst tube beads

Attachments

• Gmoz pearls 019.jpg
    Gmoz pearls 019.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 78
These are some lovely puff pearls I combined with tiny coral beads from the 1950's made by a Navajo artist.

Attachments

• croped puff pearls and coral.jpg
    croped puff pearls and coral.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 68
This is another of my personal collection nfs. My grampa's Bahraini pearls extended with more of my Navajo handmade coral beads. I may restring this one yet another time.

Attachments

• Bahraini pearl necklace 001croppd.jpg
    Bahraini pearl necklace 001croppd.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 63
Here are twoI have made several copies of. Variations on a theme.
The top one I call "bridges"
The bottom one Ii call "San Francisco landscape with clouds"
They are both inspired by the colors and shapes of the Bay area.
Both have cfwp, labradorite and the bottom one also has amethyst.

Attachments

• 2blAmNecks.JPG
    2blAmNecks.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 69
Here are some of the 12 necklaces I make after buying 12 slices of ammonite fossil seashells at the gem show in 2005. The ammonite isn't the iridescent kind, but I love anything with a spiral. The beads are CFWP and various stone beads. None cost over $1 at the show.

Attachments

• 5fossel2.JPG
    5fossel2.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
This is the third remake of this and I have at least one more to go. Originally, in about 1980, I took a Navajo cedar bead necklace with turquoise beads and restrung it into a two strander with all my dangley things. Then I redid it as a three strander. Then I decided to substitute 5mm pearls for the cedar beads for this version.

Attachments

• CarmNk2.JPG
    CarmNk2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 68
This is one I originally made in the early 1970's and my friend sent it to me to restring last year.

The long coral is unique, I think. drilled by a Navajo, I have had some of these since the 1950's. Also the white seashells I collected when visiting my grandfather's island off Bahrein in 1955. The turquoise is also from my years on the Rez.

Attachments

• crpd corina long coral.jpg
    crpd corina long coral.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 87
This one is one of my favorites. it is a 12mm+ commercial grade peacock pearls with a blueish cast. I got them from Roy Chen of Evergreen for $10 and have gotten so many comments on it- even though it is not high quality, people love it- that I have been on the hunt for these large pearls ever since and only scored once or twice.

That is a magnetic clasp and it incredibley easy to use and secure. From Fire mtn.

Attachments

• 6-18-05 blk10mm crop.jpg
    6-18-05 blk10mm crop.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 69
Just for fun
This is my mo-inlaw's silver (plated) tray with my working stuff on it.

Attachments

• silver trayMarch 27 05.jpg
    silver trayMarch 27 05.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 70
Beauty and the Beast. Faceted cfwp with multicolored rondels

Attachments

• cropped zeide's B&B pearls 003.jpg
    cropped zeide's B&B pearls 003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I call this one "Transitions" The strand is from Jeremy. I stung it with lavender 3-4mm cfwp. This is a temporary stringing while I make up my mind if to keep it this way.

Attachments

• cropped jeremy's transitions 005.jpg
    cropped jeremy's transitions 005.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 70
Hi Caitlyn,

Beautiful stuff!! Classy aand elegant! I especially like the last one, It looks like its a couple of different colors? Unless my Monitor is set differently (that could Be)

Remember the strands Jeremy put up last Spring with the dark pearls in the center and gradually lightening up as it progresses to the end? That is one of them. I had the declasse nerve to put little mauve button pearls of commercial quality in between. Actually I kind of like the look anf it makes the strand longer. I wouldn't not take it amiss if someone told me to remove the lowly beaders pearls, but when all is said and done, that's what I stilll am!.

Caitlin, the last one is my favorite also. I usually do not favor the color graduated strands, but the spacer pearls really give it a lot of depth - very nice. Thank you so much for posting all of these wonderful pictures!

Back