Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Happy Holidays to you, too, SurfnSci! And to ALL of you! Ha, lilPearl, I would actually like a rod and reel.:18: but would prefer pearls...;)

Happy Holidays! :fest30:

Thank you for all the beautiful pearl candy everyone:heart::heart::heart: Wishing you wonderful holidays and much glowing pearly joy in your days.

I am wearing my early Christmas present, a custom akoya necklace from Simply Adorned with pearls from Paradisepearls Thailand. Margaret has one button GSSP that was just perfect for this piece, I am very very happy with it!
7EC6DD31-B7DF-4F49-B558-2CC9EC7AE422.jpeg

Attachments

• 7EC6DD31-B7DF-4F49-B558-2CC9EC7AE422.jpeg
    7EC6DD31-B7DF-4F49-B558-2CC9EC7AE422.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 66
jeg, that teashop looks amazing, and the pearls are gorgeous as well of course.
Pretty tincup eolian pearls. I have been busy for short period of times this weekend trying my hand at other wirewrapped things, like pendants were there is no drillhole in the gemstone and a weird little pendant holder. I oxidized them with hardboiled eggs....I am going to try to make a chain as well and some clasps but need more silver wire and some new plyers. I take it slow or else my eyes protest. I did have all that unexpected time on my hand since we had to cancell all christmas gatherings du to covid and ordinary colds (we are fine, it's everyone else). No use feeling down, best to take that time and learn something new. I did buy myself a christmas present (we only buy presents to the childen). So I did order a green tahitian strand and a blue green tahitians bracelet from cmw pearls that arrived really fast. I added some of the greener tahitians from the bracelet to th strand, since I prefer them to be around 20 inches (hates things close to my neck, as polosweaters ick). I was going to add the pearls to my stash since I'm always short on especially green pearls, but they were so pretty I had to string them right up (as soon as there were natural light that is). It's a pretty forest green color, some green cherry as well. But it's a pretty peacock. A great christmas present from self! Here I am writing away...Merry christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

Kojima is having a 30% off flash sale until the end of 2021. I think my finger just slipped and bought the multi strand keshi necklace with the sapphire clasp. I've been staring at this necklace for months. I want to see it in person.

https://kojimapearl.com/products/ako...-vintage-clasp

Oh noes! My finger just slipped again. Emerald and keshi necklace with gator clasp. I think it would look good with my littleH pendant.

https://kojimapearl.com/collections/...lligator-clasp

Somebody make me stop.

OH! My wayward loom just showed up! Who knows where it's been traveling for the last 3 months. Tracking says it made it from California to Florida in 3 days (1-Oct-2021), but it finally got delivered this week (27-Dec-2021). I just warped it up with it's first project and I love it. Now I have to plan the pearl fiber project. Probably a shawl or scarf.

Last edited:
Akoya Keshi Torsade...would love to see it in person!

I love your new pearls eolian! I can see why you’re so happy with them. The tin cup looks so light and the composition is so nicely done.

Great choices, BWeaves! Sigh, that keshi necklace!:love: So pretty...

We’ve had snow all week so I have not gone anywhere. Mostly I have only been rotating my way through pearl studs. I did get a few new Tahitian pairs from CMW and set them myself. Tahitian strand was knotted with pearls from CMW, too.
8836E867-26E4-49ED-A55D-039B9E0D3490.jpeg
349576BF-9852-4A8B-BCBA-D898AD60CD94.jpeg

Ooo JEG, those are so pretty. I love multicolored Tahitian strands. Cute box for the studs, and the studs themselves are a gorgeous green. What mm are the studs. I currently only have 9 mm studs, and now I'm starting to suffer from PSS and they're starting to look small on me.

Oh WOW. You all look so wonderful, the sparkle of new pearls everywhere!!! Jeg and the seashells and goldens ... Eolian with the most perfect custom necklace ... BWeaves with that stunning sapphire clasp keshi vintage piece AND alligators and emeralds AND!!! THE LOOM :). So delighted for you BWeaves :). I've been kept busy for the past few days making some Christmas treats for friends and neighbors, and then a tiny Christmas diner with immediate family after 2 long years. Grandson came home with us for a few days so it was Walter to the 2nd power around here. The little Walt is now taller than grandpa, with shoulder length HAIR, and thinks my sofas are now ... too small LOL. We had a grand time on an expedition to Philadelphia to the magic computer store for new upgraded parts for the desktop grandson built ... and a car picnic supper in Philly Chinatown, slurping down soup dumplings; SO much fun! Yes, the old Walter managed to gift me a strand of pearls, no photo yet. Delicate, dainty and very very dreamy blue and other akoyas; he had a most expert advisor ;)

Douglas, congratulations on your family's move; we wish you all joy and happiness in your new home, dear friend :)

BWeaves, so happy your loom arrived!!! Happy New Year to you.
Gorgeous pearls, everyone. Thanks for posting.

Cathy, such fun, you and your grandson! I know how he just loves being with you and “Pop Pop”.:) And speaking of big W... he always manages to find those special pearls for you! ;):veryhappy:

BWeaves, I am so happy for you to finally get your loom! And even better that you like it so much. I have been wearing studs a lot. They are just so easy and I have so many. The pair that I had on is 10.5, and the blue/green pair is 9.7. Fortunately I do not suffer from PSS. I do have bigger studs, but I rarely wear the ones over 11mm. On me, they start looking faux, or like big gum balls stuck to my ears. :shrug: I’d prefer to go smaller, but that’s just my personal preference. Although, I do think you need at least one pair over 9mm!:lmao:

Thank you Charlotta, Cathy and jeg!!!!

Jeg your multicolors are spectacular love love LOVE them, they are all so colorful, but that one red wine violet pearl!!!! Yummy!!!! And of course you have the cutest jewelry box ever! Why I am not surprised? ;-)

BWeaves, so wonderful that your loom has finally found its way to you! And those Kojima pieces you chose! The aligator and emeralds and keshis...WOW! Very very special!

Cathy your holidays sound wonderful! And you said dreamy akoyas???? Looks like we have so much to look forward to in 2022 on this thread

Wishing everyone 2022 full of joy and love and peace!

Beautiful pieces and congrats on you new home Douglas!!
just popping in to wish everyone a Happy New Year in good health, surrounded by happiness and timeless pearls!!!
taking this baby out on a date celebrating hubbies birthday!!
89757CC2-BF82-4920-9374-E0B3BC1A5A1A.jpeg

Thank you, eolian!!

Your look is so festive, Lilpearl! Wow!:party: A very happy and healthy New Year to you, too!

Still not venturing out in the car, but I walked down the hill to meet a couple of friends at a cafe to celebrate one of their birthdays. Still wearing posts, but I added a strand of keshi I knotted. Silver grey Akoya studs from Takahashi Pearl.
Click image for larger version  Name:	9F976349-E435-434A-BC7C-D15B2C7F7436.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	458969
Click image for larger version  Name:	9F976349-E435-434A-BC7C-D15B2C7F7436.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.01 MB ID:	458969

Thank you dear!

Happy new year friends! :party:​​​​​​
Still without internet so I can't really write that much :sad:
Using my phone, but I can't really write here... Not my cup of tea!
But a lovely way to start a new year with these beautiful pearl jewelry items :notworthy:
​​​​

Such beautiful pearls jeg. I almost always wears studs myself, so comfortable. Sometimes I add some dangles as well on my Pearlescence huggies, they are also really comfortable.
Lilpearl, that ring is stunningly gorgeous.
CortezPearls, haha. I always writes on my phone. I haven't had a real computer in years and my tablet passed away after 10+ years recently. It's not really dead, but so slow and with such limiterad memory that it's really unusable. I use to read on pearl guide on it before, I didn't really use it for anything else...haven't bought a new one yet. Mostly because they don't make experia tablets anymore. And I don't want an Ipad nor a Samsung...but my phone works really well so I don't miss it all that much. You get use to it. I even watch Netflix on the phone sometimes when I have a lot of stringing to do.
Happy new year everyone. Like a post I just read on Instagram I do want to check the fine print of 2022 before commiting to it, haha

I hope I don't have to get used to it and that I will soon have my internet connection reestablished

Back