Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

RED: Your pieces are always stunning and unique. JEG: Everything gorgeous, as usual. The turtle clasp is adorable. Pomelo: I love the keshi studs. Flat to the ear, so you get a big pearl look with less weight. The nacre on keshi and baroques is much thicker than on round pearls, but I still take my pearls off to do anything "wet" such as walking and sweating, cooking (splashed vinegar or oil), pulling weeds (sweating), working out or swimming or showering (no no no no). I only wear my pearls while looking fabulous in air conditioning. And I can look fabulous in jeans and pearls, or PJs and pearls.

Pink today. All Kojima. Spring Petals pedant (large pink baroque freshwater pearl from China). 40" ombre' keshi necklace, freshwaters white to pink. Feather earrings with white topaz hooks. It's hard to photograph these feathers. They're pondslime color with lots of irridescence and purple flashes.

Years ago, I never would have put these 3 pieces together. PG members (especially JEG, BAS, and Baby Nurse) have really helped me learn to mix and match my pearls.

View attachment 469755View attachment 469758View attachment 469757View attachment 469756
Love, love, love the pink!

Thanks, Jeremy, BWeaves and CatMom! I love the little turtle clasp, too! Sarah had a few different creatures, but my favorite was the turtle. In fact, the necklace originally had another creature on it and she graciously changed it out to the turtle for me. Thank you for the sweet compliment, BWeaves. I’m so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to mix it up. I’m all for mixing!

Pomelo, I’m glad you came out of “lurkdom” because it’s more fun to play! Yes, in my mind the classic white pearls tend to be the gateway pearls. Generalizing of course, but sometimes it takes a while to appreciate the irregularities and imperfect shapes. Getting out my Tahitian keshi studs reminded me how much I love wearing them. They are in a more accessible place now!

Tahitian keshi studs from Maui Divers, Hawaii.
IMG_9484.jpeg
IMG_2827.jpeg

Golden Akoya strand from Takahashi, little h earrings, and a tin cup I made with vintage Akoya from Pacific Pearls.US/Kojima.
IMG_2784.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg

As usual, I'm drooling over everyone else's pearls.

The Swan from Pacific Pearls in a setting from a local jeweler. When I bought this unusual, leaf shaped, baroque pearl, I thought it was going to be white. I was so surprised when it arrived and was so colorful. The back side is also beautiful, and has a crease down the center, like a leaf. But after it was set, it reminding me of a sleeping swan. It's in a pressure setting, so I can remove it and set it differently if I grow tired of this setting in the future.

Mismatched blue grey earrings from Kojima. They have a coral branch vibe to them. My pants have an "under the sea" pattern on them, so they feel like they match my pants.

IMG_3044.jpeg
IMG_3042.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg
IMG_3047.jpeg

Ok, look...I mean...wow! Pearl by the Bay, Friends, Drinks and magnificent food...I mean, again: wow!
I'm actually considering going seafoodatarian just for one day. Never had real Dungeness crab and that platter does look amazing.
I'll at least try, or pop some oyster mushrooms to fool myself ;)
Great pieces! Those Ombres jeg really beautiful... SurfnSci love your Cortez keshi bracelet and ring!
Pearl by the Bay really does offer an incredible experience with its Dungeness crab and stunning ambiance. Trying seafood for a day sounds like a fun adventure, and those oyster mushrooms are a clever alternative. Glad you liked the Ombres and Cortez keshi pieces!

@jeg that turtle clasp!!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

@Pomelo I love the look of keshi pearl earrings. They can be so difficult to match, and your pair looks great together.
Thank you Jeremy! They’re the second pair of keshis I've ever tried on so I was hesitant about keeping them at first, but they were so comfortable and perfectly imperfect that I decided they needed to stay on my ears haha

Thanks, Jeremy, BWeaves and CatMom! I love the little turtle clasp, too! Sarah had a few different creatures, but my favorite was the turtle. In fact, the necklace originally had another creature on it and she graciously changed it out to the turtle for me. Thank you for the sweet compliment, BWeaves. I’m so glad you stepped out of your comfort zone to mix it up. I’m all for mixing!

Pomelo, I’m glad you came out of “lurkdom” because it’s more fun to play! Yes, in my mind the classic white pearls tend to be the gateway pearls. Generalizing of course, but sometimes it takes a while to appreciate the irregularities and imperfect shapes. Getting out my Tahitian keshi studs reminded me how much I love wearing them. They are in a more accessible place now!

Tahitian keshi studs from Maui Divers, Hawaii.
View attachment 469780View attachment 469781

Golden Akoya strand from Takahashi, little h earrings, and a tin cup I made with vintage Akoya from Pacific Pearls.US/Kojima.
View attachment 469782View attachment 469783

Ooh your keshi are a lovely shape with great luster!

Out of interest, how do you find the wearability/goes-with-outfitsability of your golden Akoya vs pinked vs natural white? They glow beautifully.

I’ve been thinking about getting a smaller strand (either 6.5-7 or 7-7.5) and haven’t seen any golden Akoya strands in the flesh!

Ooh your keshi are a lovely shape with great luster!

Out of interest, how do you find the wearability/goes-with-outfitsability of your golden Akoya vs pinked vs natural white? They glow beautifully.

I’ve been thinking about getting a smaller strand (either 6.5-7 or 7-7.5) and haven’t seen any golden Akoya strands in the flesh!

Thank you, Pomelo! Hmmm… from Takahashi, I have the golden Akoya strand, the natural white, and then pinked white Akoya strands in slightly differing overtones. Then I have a few vintage strands that were either inherited or gifts. I had to think about your question as to why I choose which one to wear and I don’t think it has to do with the color/overtone. I like all the shades of whites and the golden on. I think I make the choice by size and length as to which will go with what I am wearing. Might have to do with the neckline or if it will be a layer. All the strands are different mm, and I purposely knotted them at different lengths from 15-34”. The goldens are really gorgeous, and I didn’t realize a high quality strand is quite rare until Mr. Seki and Hisano were talking about it on the first Takahashi live event, so that might explain why you haven’t seen any in person yet.

Last edited:
Wow, BWeaves, your new blue Akoya pendant is so stunning and unique! What a great impulse purchase. And Jeg, those golden akoyas are gorgeous! I love the warm and natural glow that they emit. And nice Tahitians, Tiger!

It has been a busy week at work, but I’m going to a BBQ tonight and wearing some fun pearl jewellery to match. This is a necklace I assembled from some left-over Ruby beads I had from another project, some pink freshwater pearls from Wens, and a pink fireball pearl as the centre pendant. The pink colours are not jumping in the photos (it’s cloudy and threatening rain - fingers crossed it holds off until after dinner!), but the pendant has great lustre. Matching pink freshwater earrings as well!

A5AD5207-CD8C-43BE-A50B-343122708624.jpeg

Attachments

• FB379FA4-6235-466F-86A9-2694A62CCCEB.jpeg
    FB379FA4-6235-466F-86A9-2694A62CCCEB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • E5217C38-5164-450E-AFB4-97D0DAB5AAD3.png
    E5217C38-5164-450E-AFB4-97D0DAB5AAD3.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 59
My first BBA strand from PP. 10 mm. Pale blue, with lots of soap bubble colors that don't show up in photos. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy one of the white baroque akoya strands at the same time. They were large and soap bubbly, too. This strand is strung on Pattye's sky blue Serafil beading thread. I strung it to 17" because that seems to be a flattering length on my neck.

I just figured out that my new earrings from Kojima match this necklace really well. This is my one blue strand that really does not play well with my other blue strands. But it looks good with the Everything Bagel rope. It's going to be 100F today, so I'm only wearing one strand. Layers of pearls get warm around my neck.

IMG_3048.jpeg
IMG_3052.jpeg
IMG_3054.jpeg
IMG_3058.jpeg

Wow, BWeaves, your new blue Akoya pendant is so stunning and unique! What a great impulse purchase. And Jeg, those golden akoyas are gorgeous! I love the warm and natural glow that they emit. And nice Tahitians, Tiger!

It has been a busy week at work, but I’m going to a BBQ tonight and wearing some fun pearl jewellery to match. This is a necklace I assembled from some left-over Ruby beads I had from another project, some pink freshwater pearls from Wens, and a pink fireball pearl as the centre pendant. The pink colours are not jumping in the photos (it’s cloudy and threatening rain - fingers crossed it holds off until after dinner!), but the pendant has great lustre. Matching pink freshwater earrings as well!

View attachment 469799
Very fun! I love them with the ruby beads.

My first BBA strand from PP. 10 mm. Pale blue, with lots of soap bubble colors that don't show up in photos. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy one of the white baroque akoya strands at the same time. They were large and soap bubbly, too. This strand is strung on Pattye's sky blue Serafil beading thread. I strung it to 17" because that seems to be a flattering length on my neck.

I just figured out that my new earrings from Kojima match this necklace really well. This is my one blue strand that really does not play well with my other blue strands. But it looks good with the Everything Bagel rope. It's going to be 100F today, so I'm only wearing one strand. Layers of pearls get warm around my neck.

View attachment 469821View attachment 469820View attachment 469819View attachment 469818
Beautiful blues and the earrings do perfectly match!

What a splendid set of tahitians, love them! You look so glamorous.

It's crazy hot here today with a record-breaking heat wave...and our A/C is broken. There are no pearls being worn today and zero glamor occurring here. :)
Oh no, I can't imagine no air. I hope you get it fixed quickly! Thank you, but I don't know about glamorous, lol.

View attachment 469818
I love love love this detail of changing the string colour! It really sets off the beautiful pale blue.

Gah, I must learn how to string!

Tiger: I hope you can get your air fixed quickly.
Thanks! It's been off since Friday and the house is a balmy 90 degrees inside. Fortunately, we have lovely friends who have let us sleep at their house. It's unpleasant but bearable during the day but really awful for sleeping. Our repair people are stumped and have called in the manufacturer to get it fixed. The system is new and it's some new whiz-bang technology system that is having trouble communicating, sensors yada yada. There's nothing 'broken' with it as far as they can tell. My hubbie says it's like a high-powered Mercedes Benz....when it runs, it's fabulous but when it's broken, then finding the problem is difficult. :)

Back