Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Your Hanadamas are Gorgeous and the Pistakios are delicious!!!

@BWeaves I love seeing side by side comparisons of strands! And about the pistachio (pistakio) tahitians...I was really surprised when Mr. Seki said in the live that pistachio colors are not usually popular in the Asian market like they are in western markets. He was such a fountain of information. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to each of the live event guests and gleaning information from them.

As a side note - has everyone gotten their invoices for that last event at Takahashi? I haven't gotten one yet and normally I get one right after. I don't want to email because I know they're probably just busy if they haven't gotten to them yet.

lary007: I got my invoice right away. The day after the event. I haven't gotten a shipping notice, though. I wouldn't worry about e-mailing or phoning them. Do it. They always have someone manning the shop for e-mails, because they are an internet only vendor. It's possible you weren't the first person to say "It's mine." Or you were the first person and you didn't get the invoice and they thought you didn't buy it and it went to the second person. Call them now.

Kamoka today. My summer pearls because it's going to be 99F today, and it isn't even summer yet. The Jurassic Time Traveler pendant (carved Tahitian pearl and fossilized shark's tooth). Mismatched Tahitian stud earrings (peacock and lavender).

IMG_2850.jpeg

IMG_2849.jpeg

lary007: I got my invoice right away. The day after the event. I haven't gotten a shipping notice, though. I wouldn't worry about e-mailing or phoning them. Do it. They always have someone manning the shop for e-mails, because they are an internet only vendor. It's possible you weren't the first person to say "It's mine." Or you were the first person and you didn't get the invoice and they thought you didn't buy it and it went to the second person. Call them now.

Kamoka today. My summer pearls because it's going to be 99F today, and it isn't even summer yet. The Jurassic Time Traveler pendant (carved Tahitian pearl and fossilized shark's tooth). Mismatched Tahitian stud earrings (peacock and lavender).

View attachment 469176

View attachment 469177
Love your Kamokas!
I have a beautiful drop shaped Kamoka I got from Josh back in...gosh! Really?!?!?! That long ago?!?!?!? Like the 8th Ruckus!
Want to turn it into a pendant for my girlfriend.

Thanks, bweaves! I will contact them now. I hope it didn't get sent to the next person!

Update: the lovely Inta got me taken care of!

Last edited:
I just got a call from Mikimoto. My earrings are ready and should be here tomorrow! Lucy in the workshop originally told me it might be 5 weeks, but that was when they were trying to match the new earring to my existing pearl. But it only took 2 days to replace my pearl with a matching pair of pearls they already had. I can't wait to see what the new pearls look like.

And Hisano's favorite Kasumi pearl should also arrive tomorrow. I'll take a look at it to decide if it's a keeper, and then send it right back so they can set it. I still haven't heard about shipping for the BBA necklace from Takahashi, but I think PP is still working their way through the hundreds of pearls we all bought in 3 days.

Today my pearls are all over the place. Nothing matches, but everything goes with white linen. Pomme de la Mer South Sea pendant from PP Hong Kong Live event. I just adore the shape and the color of this pearl, and the setting. 9mm Hanadama stud earrings from PP and bought at my last Ruckus. Large coin pearl ring from Kojima with incredibly thick nacre. 9.5 mm Tahitian pearl ring from Kamoka.

IMG_2852.jpeg
IMG_2853.jpeg
IMG_2854.jpeg
IMG_2855.jpeg

You know @BWeaves this is going back a post or two but I am loving your mismatched pistachio earrings! I feel like mismatched earrings is going to be a huge trend very soon. It took me a minute to get used to it but now I'm on board.

Back