Show us your menagerie

Sheri, I just love, love, love this piece and how nice that it holds so many fond memories!

Most of the creature collections are in this thread. One more snake ( I can't get enough of this clasp):

SpinelPearl Snake.jpg

I'm glad you like it. Ya know I found the same type of spinel beads but even larger...of course I was drooling but not willing to pay the "price" but I had so many design ideas in my head!

BPD that is amazing!!!

COOOOL! I love it. Very Victorian.

Did you know that Queen Victoria's engagement ring was a coiled snake with an emerald head?

Quite the little goth was Queen Victoria.

You've gotten me in trouble with my friends and I love it. I can't say for certain why but your post was a hit among my "coffee buds", there was a threat to facebook the expression on my face LOL. Btw I don't mind that Goth at all, and you are spot on to recognize the influence in my creations.

COOOOL! I love it. Very Victorian.

Did you know that Queen Victoria's engagement ring was a coiled snake with an emerald head?

Quite the little goth was Queen Victoria.

Heheheheh! I was quite tickled when I found out about Queen Victoria's engagement ring. I'd read that her daughter-in-law, Princess Alexandra, had a coiled snake bangle that she wore all the time, and Queen Victoria thought it was creepy. So when I read that Queen Victoria had a coiled snake ring as an ENGAGEMENT ring, I thought it was a bit weird. Prince Albert had quite the jewelry design skills, so I'm not sure why he went with a coiled snake design.

I'm also tickled that I got you in "trouble" with your friends. I can't even imagine the friendly jabbing they gave you. I'm glad you all got a good laugh out of it.

This thread is amazing, so many beautiful creations everyone...but I must admit my fave so far is from one of the first postings, the ring with the love birds, so delicate and beautiful!

I was waiting for Sarah of Kojima Pearl to write up my purchase of these colorful "pecans" at the latest Ruckus, when I spotted these delightful fish. Sarah says she spent hours looking through a small mountain of pearls to come up with this pair. As a March Pisces baby, these had to come home with me as well.

20170731_195758.jpg

I figured it would be a little less self indulgent to place these guys here instead of that other thread of my own things. Besides I love the animal jewelry and I hope you guys keep posting to it. So consider this a bump.

I just had to share more artistry from Sheri Jurnecka:

Tands.jpg

I know we name these little guys, but I've not come up with any that I like. Suggestions? anyone willing to play? lol:p

Here is another look at Ursula. These are just amazing colors, a great job too:

Ursula 20171222_193613.jpg

Coubples.jpg

View attachment 57604

20171222_183049.jpg

Last edited:
Sheri (so creative and talented) did a great job with the colors on the Ursla octo. A;so the tandem pendant is the perfect match to the tiny metallic CFWP pearls we used.
I know there is an Octo adoptive "parents" club growing here, collecting them is a bit addictive.

Here is the old Snake Bracelet with the new Black Spinel and Tahitian Pearl Bracelet (Reimagined the former necklace):

20180808_165238 copy.jpg

View 2:

Snake Head Finding 2.jpg

View 3:
Snake HEadFinding 3.jpg

Last edited:
Back