Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Now these are text book Tahitian Pearls (Mikimoto take note), stunning colors and a great shot. Thanks for sharing Andrew...your mom is going to have a great holiday. I hope I will be as unselfish as you have been, should I come across such a strand!

An in the box shot of the Tahitian strand for mom - light was a setting sun. They are really incredible. It's hard to believe pearls can look like this!

Ok, Andrew, my jaw dropped. Those are breathtakingly gorgeous!!! One of the prettiest T strands I have ever seen!!!

Wow, Andrew! Your persistence paid off -- you found the perfect strand. Your Mom will treasure it forever.

Four more Edison strands are on the VIP site again tonight. Another chance to nab one.

Andrew - those are stunning Tahitians !! Your mom should be over the moon !!

Lary - Edisons can get very dark, saturated colour, it's just that most of them are more the mid shades or pale sherbet like colours. Like the Ripples - most are not terribly dark and saturated but there are deeper toned strands. That's what I always look for when I'm buying Edisons in HKong- the depth of colour whether Ripples or smooth.

I missed the purple (I wanted to compare it to my strand) but did buy the burgundy. Which looks gorgeous online...

An in the box shot of the Tahitian strand for mom - light was a setting sun. They are really incredible. It's hard to believe pearls can look like this! View attachment 63478

Wow Andrew! From the guy that wanted white pearls to get to this! You came a long way, baby! These are sophisticated and elegant pearls to have in a collection of jewelry. Your Mom will be over the moon. You have caught the pearl bug that all of us here have. They are stunning. It is remarkable what nature can make ( though she had some help with these!) You have great taste. I hope she wears them in good health.

Wow Andrew! From the guy that wanted white pearls to get to this! You came a long way, baby! These are sophisticated and elegant pearls to have in a collection of jewelry. Your Mom will be over the moon. You have caught the pearl bug that all of us here have. They are stunning. It is remarkable what nature can make ( though she had some help with these!) You have great taste. I hope she wears them in good health.

HA! There is dangerous thinking that I have - it used to be "white or ..." now it's "first, second... next..." - The bug is contagious, for sure! Stay tuned, though, for probably a couple of other things before Christmas time!

Thanks so much, everybody!

Andrew, WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! You really could not have done any better than the strand you picked up, AND, if I may say so, your pic was more gorgeous than PP's glamour shot lol. Yes, all the ladies here on PG wants to adopt you! Welcome to the community and we can't wait to see what else you pick up in the future, and please send lots of neck shots once mom's wearing it!

Sooooo, I'm a bit late to posting since Thanksgiving has been busy for me.
I slowing raise my hand, with a hint of guilt, confess that I've done some damages!

To begin with, BN and Amti - we are baroque akoya triplets now. I picked up 1 strand of 9.5-10mm baroque akoya since I already have two strands of 9-9.5mm from a few years back. I'll enjoy them individually for a while, but there is definitely plan for a 54" tassel conversion - stay tuned!!! ;) I wonder who picked up the remaining 2 strands??? Haha we need to figure out who's in the pod!

Sooo... the edison strands. hmm. haha. I kept my fingers on the refresh button for god knows how long... :D
I nabbed 52 (medium bronze) and 54 (deep multi-shade bronze). I kept on thinking I would want a dark purple strand, but somehow kept on going back to the bronze strands as they have the crazy fancy multi-tone color shifting property to them while the darker strands looked more uniform-toned to me. So I'm gonna call my bronze strands Fancy Unicorn colors! ;) (OMG, for those of you who are familiar with Eclipse the fancy unicorn, lol I guess these two strands shall be named Eclipse? hmm) And BAS! We are Edison twins! Need to figure out who else got strands!

I don't have any of them yet - still need to figure out clasp situation before they can ship. So will be a few days before I can share pics. But haha yah I'm slightly freaking out with excitement!!! Can anyone here me go WWWHHHHEEEEE WHEE WHHEEEEEEE WWHHHEEEEEEEEEE??? ;)

OMG there is one strand left from last night's drop...
don't even think about a 54", don't even think about a 54", don't even think about a 54"...
Oh, Purr, you know you would put it to good use. And, the color is perfect for the two that you have.

I got burgundy strand 55. I have learned that the yellow tones in many CFW pearls will cause them to just disappear against my skin. So, I will need to see those gorgeous bronze strands in person before making a commitment.

A few years ago PP had a special on giant Edison pendants. Here is my 17mm pendant with the photo of the new burgundy strand. Also, a picture taken with my Zambian amethyst earring stud.

20181127_080015.jpg

20181127_080046.jpg

Oh my! The colors of everyone’s new pearls are quite spectacular! Red, Purr, Andrew, BAS- wow-!!! !!! Talk about the pearls finding the right person.;)

Red, your burgundy strand is outstanding! Can you post a neck shot? I'm very curious to meet my burgundy (57).

Last edited:
I've also been eyeing the bronze Edisons, but I also have a problem with yellow gems disappearing on my skin. I need to see them in person, and I can't justify ordering them right now just to see them.

Back