Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

CBPearllover, you were wise to cut it down. The safety of the home comes first.

We used to have such nice shade to sit under in our back yard and my husband was particularly distressed at losing his shade. We put up a Coleman canopy but it's a poor substitute. I would like to put in a ginkgo tree, but further back in the yard. Maybe this spring.

I feel your pain, PD. I built my house 20+ years ago ( in the woods) and made sure that there was at least 100 feet between any large trees and the house. Of course I planted ornamentals near the house and my beautiful Kwansan cherry tree that we sit under and enjoy the shade and gorgeous blossoms in the spring, is slowly dying. Breaks my heart. I guess they don't love New England as much--the water gets under the bark and freezes and splits the trunk. All my trees are like family members to me. It's nice that your neighbors appreciate them. So sorry hubby is having the very worst week!

Yeah our Sheri did an amazing job. These are my signature colors.

Alas no purple Eds for me...I did make puppy dog eyes at Santa but the poker face I received in return now has me a bit curious LOL. (Fingers crossed, but Im doubtful).

Ursula's enamel is such a GORGEOUS shade of purple!!! BPDDC did you grab a purple edison strand (or two or three) to go with Ursula??? :eek:

Believe me I understand the Health challenges cutting into the pearl budget :(! That has been the last two years!

Can't say the same about the trees now here in the City, but when I was much younger back in the south I always marveled why the trees were so close to the house when there was enough yard to create wind breaks and shading etc without risking damage from falling branches. Thinking back on it basically every relative that comes to mind had trees really close to the house (which is how we could sneak in and out of the house...sorry mom).

Back on topic...I did get really teeny tiny akoya earrings even smaller than PP normal 3.5-4mm for holiday gifts, but now that I've seen them I wished they offer the teeny tiny akoya in "black" or even cwfp for that matter. I've added Ursula for size comparisons

View attachment 63822

Love love love Ursula’s purple coloring! She will pair nicely with so many pearls :)

I live in a densely wooded neighborhood where the local joke is, “don’t walk on windy days!” Most of the houses date to the 1920s and 1930s, with many older tall hardwoods towering over the houses and above ground utilities. It’s a real mess. About 3 years ago, I had a 130’ hickory tree fall on my house during a summer storm, crushing my roof and upstairs bedroom. I was at home at the time, but not upstairs thankfully. Since then I’ve had 6 trees removed, and another 3 planned to remove in the next few months. It pains me to take them down, but it’s just not worth the risk. I really miss the shady spots, but I also appreciate the new sunny patches.

Problematic trees, and the need to remove them, isn't a topic I ever discussed with others before. After reading Andrew's, 2thdktr's and sunseeker's posts I see my family and I are in good company! Sunseeker, your experience is especially chilling!! :eek:

I've not been able to sleep at all tonight, due to side effects from dose 2 of Shingrix vaccine, plus H's snoring. I think I'll go try again...

With Kojima I do a screen print of the pearls and save it in Microsoft Paint, crop and then you can upload the picture as usual. It's nice to post the picture because links will sometimes disappear.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, and I have no idea how to do a screen print. I guess I should google that. Doh!

PD: My husband had the same problem with his Shingrix shots, but I didn't . It does get better in a day or two, and it beats the he!! out of getting Shingles.

Only slightly off-topic - Kojima has a natural Persian Gulf strand up on the site. I noticed a couple of nights ago she posted that gorgeous golden pendant. It lasted only a couple of hours, if that. It’s worth checking the other sites because there are amazing holiday specials showing up there as well. (As jesskat already pointed out. Hope you get your pretty for Christmas! Hubbies love it when you make shopping easy for them!)

Only slightly off-topic - Kojima has a natural Persian Gulf strand up on the site. I noticed a couple of nights ago she posted that gorgeous golden pendant. It lasted only a couple of hours, if that. It’s worth checking the other sites because there are amazing holiday specials showing up there as well. (As jesskat already pointed out. Hope you get your pretty for Christmas! Hubbies love it when you make shopping easy for them!)

Thanks, Red!! Yes, he was quite happy that I made it a whole lot easier :D

And yes, everyone, go check Kojima. There are some really amazing pieces coming up right now. It's been a while since she's posted so many.

Love love love Ursula’s purple coloring! She will pair nicely with so many pearls :)

I live in a densely wooded neighborhood where the local joke is, “don’t walk on windy days!” Most of the houses date to the 1920s and 1930s, with many older tall hardwoods towering over the houses and above ground utilities. It’s a real mess. About 3 years ago, I had a 130’ hickory tree fall on my house during a summer storm, crushing my roof and upstairs bedroom. I was at home at the time, but not upstairs thankfully. Since then I’ve had 6 trees removed, and another 3 planned to remove in the next few months. It pains me to take them down, but it’s just not worth the risk. I really miss the shady spots, but I also appreciate the new sunny patches.

Thank God you weren't upstairs! :( I'm so glad you weren't hurt, this gives me even more peace knowing I did the right thing.

Thanks, Red!! Yes, he was quite happy that I made it a whole lot easier :D

And yes, everyone, go check Kojima. There are some really amazing pieces coming up right now. It's been a while since she's posted so many.

Jesskat: Yes I saw that last night as a cruised their website, I'm relatively new to pearls but that seemed like a very unusual strand to me! She never puts "certificate of authenticity" too, like everyone wouldn't trust her implicitly with their purchases. Hope a wealthier connoisseur than I picks it up.

That was me, Red. ;) I was super excited to see that pendant! With being on vacation and the time difference, I haven’t been able to check the sales regularly, so I felt very lucky that I looked at the right time.

BWeaves- press command- shift- 4 all at the same time. You’ll get something that looks sort of like a text box. Drag it over what you want to capture and let go. The image will save to your iPhoto library. At least I think that’s it. I’m not home to look at my laptop. If you use the number 3 instead of 4, it takes a total screen shot.

That was me, Red. ;) I was super excited to see that pendant! With being on vacation and the time difference, I haven’t been able to check the sales regularly, so I felt very lucky that I looked at the right time.

Well, I'm glad I left it for you, jeg. It was only there for a few hours. I kept telling myself I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, and then it was gone! Forever, I'm sure, because you will love it. Looking forward to photos.

Thanks for the control codes for screen prints. I'll try that when I get home.

I saw that Persian Gulf strand on Kojima this morning and I started drooling. It's funny. I've probably spent more than that on multiple pearl items this season, but I can't quite get myself to spend that much on one item. I'd love a real natural strand, but I really can't justify it when the pearls are so small. PSS and all. But if I do win the lottery, that Sea of Cortez strand on Kojima is MINE.

I saw that Persian Gulf strand on Kojima this morning and I started drooling. It's funny. I've probably spent more than that on multiple pearl items this season, but I can't quite get myself to spend that much on one item. I'd love a real natural strand, but I really can't justify it when the pearls are so small. PSS and all. But if I do win the lottery, that Sea of Cortez strand on Kojima is MINE.

Wait, the Mabe strand or the National Selection strand? I presume both? ;)

Winning the lottery would put me instantly on the horn with Kamoka finding the perfect rope. I dream of such things.

Wait, the Mabe strand or the National Selection strand? I presume both? ;)

The National Selection strand. Or maybe both. I also love the Mabe strand, too, but I'm more of a round pearl girl.

And Kamoka might get a call, too. The 99 colors rope is stunning in person.

There's that Pearl Paradise granduated ombre' rope on the launch page. You know the one.

Dreams.

Testing my glamour shots.

Yes, it really looks like this in real life. Pacific Pearls ripples. Pattye has Beader's Secret on its way to me in Rose and in Taupe.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 5.57.20 PM.jpg

I haven't received this one yet, but it's in the mail. Kojima 54" ombre' keshi rope.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 5.58.46 PM.jpg

I was debating on getting those tiny freshies from Kojima, but this ombre' strand was calling me louder.

Your glamour shots are looking great, BWeaves. Thanks for the pictures.

Hisano is on Facebook with her Holiday picks. It is always a treat to see the beautiful and elegant Hisano. I already have my golden baroque necklace, but there is something about goldens that says Christmas to me. I suppose because red, green and gold are probably my favorite colors. They look amazing together. She has also selected some larger akoya studs, so this is a great time to upgrade sizes.

Well, I'm glad I left it for you, jeg. It was only there for a few hours. I kept telling myself I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, I have enough gold pendants, and then it was gone! Forever, I'm sure, because you will love it. Looking forward to photos.

I’m so glad you left it for me, too! Yes, definitely pictures!

Back