Sea of Cortez fan club

I am one of the fortunate that has an 18" strand from Carolyn Ehret. It has her signature gold clasp and the gold bead spacer between each pearl. It is my go to piece most days.I love it.

I'm happy to hear that you have a strand of Cortez pearls. What a delight they must be! ;)

Here is my pendant, put together by Jennifer at Pearl Paradise, with 3 Cortez pearls. :)

Attachments

• Cortez pendant.jpg
    Cortez pendant.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 57
This Cortez pearl might be revealed at the next ruckus! We are still deciding what to do with it.

Attachments

• Matryoshka.jpg
    Matryoshka.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 61
Beautiful! What's the size?

That magical freshwater pearl didn't find its setting until five months after I found it! But yeah, this one will most likely find its setting soon:rolleyes:

I am the worst photographer. I will have to enlist the help of my resident camera husband when he comes back home. My husband and my son are in Turkey and will return Thursday evening. I will master the camera I will, I will!

So now, after a long wait, the time has come for me to reveal my secret. I too am a proud member of this fan club, with my very own Sea of Cortez pearl.
Drop Dead Gorgeous Pearls (5) [320x200]_2.jpg Pendant_2.jpg
RainbowPendant_2.jpg
The pearl itself is a 9.6 x 11.5 mm. flawless beauty from the 2008 harvest.
The way Douglas told it; "That drop pearl is the FINEST in all the harvest. Not the biggest, nor roundest...just the BEST ONE.......... it is an NS grade pearl (what we call "National Selection" a grade above Gem, and that we use only for selected jewelry such as: necklaces &*designer items).?
So I really am very, very lucky.
Jeremy also played a very big part in it by turning this wonder of nature into a pendant.
The first photo was taken by Douglas, I'm sure you all remember it.
The other two photos were taken by Pearl Paradise, first with white gold and then with the final yellow finding as I wear it today.
Again, all my thanks and gratitude to Douglas and Jeremy.

Back