Round or Baroque/Circle or Both?

Douglas tells me that they survived THREE hurricanes and managed to not lose a single oyster. Round of applause everyone.
Inge, I'm a big fan of the true blues as well. Just so freakin' rare.
Great keshi pics Susan! And as always, wonderful to see our pearls out in the world on their way to new homes.

Most circlees seem to be drop shape... nice when they hung rather then lined up, perhaps. It was a strand of incredible peacock circlees (sort of pill-shaped, not drop; excellent greenish rainbow color on them - unforgettable...) that got me to notice black pearls to begin with. I guess I'm stuck with that image. A multiple-strand choker of such things with an appropriate clasp seems formal enough to me, unless one's going to a royal reception somewhere.

Just a thought...

If money were no object, I would go for big,fat Tahitian or any kind of French Polynesian keshi--solid nacre, you know..........

I prefer keshis than heavily circled Tahitians, except for Josh's pearls :D

I recently made enquiries about a strand of round Tahitians, 9mm to 11/12mm, which is likely to be an once in a life time purchase, unless I win the lottery later! :)

DK :)

I changed my mind. If price is no object, I want some gem quality, perfectly round Cortez pearls.. there is one STUNNING bracelet on ebay from Druzy that is a deep, deep purple... OMG! So gorgeous!! I want some Cortez pearls next chance I get!

Agree completely! I have a couple of loose Cortez pearls and they're amazing. Someone bought Druzy's blue Cortez strand a few months ago and I was so sad to see them go and they weren't even round.

My answer to the original question would always be top quality rounds. I hope to eventually have both, but I'd always trade a bit of luster for a round, uniform look. Baroques are not as rare, so they are more accessible. Strong colors are a nice tradeoff for the gnarly appearance IMO. :D

If money were no object, I would go for a big,fat Tahitian
Caitlin is this what you had in mind? Sorry, just joshin.':D
Seriously though, I'm with you all the way on the giant keshi thing. I think I saw one not too long ago in fact. Tucson is kinda around the corner I do believe...
And thanks DK.
birdforum160.jpg

Josh,

You made our day, but I prefer these.........

DolPG004.jpg

Anyhow, I agree with Caitlin.

PMSL @ Josh and Nora :D

I am lucky to have a good deal on a baroque strand a while back, grey with green overtone, and am hoping I shall be lucky enough to have a strand of AA+/AAA round one soon. Once I have bought the round strand and a couple of loose ones for pendants, then that would be it for Tahitians for me! :)

If money wasn't currently an object I would now be the proud wearer of Sheryl's lustruous yellow SS keshi strand. Did you see it on her website? It was amazing!
Anybody know who got it?
barbie

PS Love that Gauguin but the Tahitian is kinda cute too!!

I do!! But it wasn't anyone here. Someone in town bought it from my booth at the Farmer's Market!!!! Wow, Barbie - I'm honored. I wish I had another strand of those. Maybe after Christmas.

OK - here's a solution to the round vs. baroque/circle' question. This is a strand of both. The rounds are Kamoka and the baroque/circle' are PP. They alternate with 14k beads between. They have a beautiful soft contrast between the more intense aqua of the PP and the rosey lighter green/grey of the Kamokas. As an added picture bonus, you get to peek into my bedroom. :rolleyes: As always, pics don't do colors justice.

Attachments

• tahstrand3.jpg
    tahstrand3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 64
  • tahstrand4.jpg
    tahstrand4.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 62
  • tahstrand7.jpg
    tahstrand7.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 66
Due to recent events, my strand of big fat round Tahitian purchase has to put on hold indefinitely, nevermind.

However, I may just be able to get a nice roundish baroque Kamoka pearl strand from Kojima Pearls! Woo hoo! :D

Oh, Sheryl,
How spooky - this is what I'm working on right now.....

Attachments

• 0021.jpg
    0021.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 61
Hi Sheryl,
Rounds and semi-rounds. Not huge - 8 - 10mm. I think - but very colourful.

Back