Report from Hong Kong

What do you call a fish with no eyes?
A fsh

Hey you said ya needed a laugh. :D

Baby seal walks in to a club.....

Two snowmen are standing in a field. One says to the other : "Funny, I smell carrots too".

OK does that help? :D

I'm here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip the waitress.

I'm here all week. Try the veal. And don't forget to tip the waitress.

Still reeling from the jet lag? For those pearls of comedy, I'll buy you a round in Hong Kong if I make it. :cool:

Still reeling from the jet lag? For those pearls of comedy, I'll buy you a round in Hong Kong if I make it. :cool:
We aim to please:p Hope to see you there. Actually the more back to normal I get the worse the comedy will get. :D

What do you call a doe with no eyes?

No eyed-deer.... sorry!

But thanks Mikeyy for saving me! Sheryl, I'm really much too polite to recall that joke in detail anywhere actually. Unless of course you're buying the round in HK...

Thanks for all the jokes. I really enjoyed reading them and I will not ask Nerida for a PM.:p

Thanks for one of the most entertaining threads ever!

What do you call a doe with no eyes?

No eyed-deer.... sorry!

But thanks Mikeyy for saving me! Sheryl, I'm really much too polite to recall that joke in detail anywhere actually. Unless of course you're buying the round in HK...

Nerida - I have to add this joke which I use to try to get my husband to pronounce French correctly:

Q: How do you say "Easter is a good idea" in French?
A: C'est une bunny day**!
(**bonne idee)

Sadly he doesn't laugh quite as much as I do...French speakers? Are you laughing?? Please say yes!

I would love to join the gang, and actually I think I might be able to give a better, sober :D report too - as all I would be drinking would be fruit juice/soft drinks!:D:rolleyes:
Hey we have a designated driver.:D

Sorry Amrita and others - we haven't been reporting very seriously, have we? I do have photos of pearls now, but sadly my kids decided to overuse our enormous bandwidth allowance whilst I was away and so my provider has decided to cut speeds to something ridiculously inadequate for the remainder of the month. So, no photos, almost nothing at all until October.

You're capped!!! That's why I opted for a plan where I pay $3/GB once I go over. But I've got 48GB offpeak. Yay!

They don't do that here. Must be an Aussie ripoff deal. As far as reporting on Hong Kong I thought we did OK. That was all the news that was fit to print. Getting in to the show requires a business card and a passport. Thats all. It runs from about 10 a.m. until about 6:30 P.M. The convention center is huge and expanding even larger as construction was underway. There are about 5 restaurants inside. So even if you get lost you won't starve. Everything is separated by floor level and hall number. So you get your directory and follow the signs. It is free. And transportation is simple. Its crowded with people from all four corners of the globe. If you go to http://www.hktdc.com/ you can register for any of the shows. They will send you a packet with your badge and even train passes. They usually also offer rates at hotels for convention visitors. I have never found them to be all that good. You can do that better on your own. The fair is big and the days are long. So I suggest you have some sort of game plan that you can follow. Know what you want and focus on that. After you get the hard work done then you can check out the rest of the show.
Is that a little better reporting?

Last edited:
You're capped!!! That's why I opted for a plan where I pay $3/GB once I go over. But I've got 48GB offpeak. Yay!

Yes, but you don't have teenaged/young adult kids who forget to delete filesharing software... at $3/GB it could all get very ugly very quickly.

Well, how many days would you actually need to see most of the decent pearls (and catch-up with PGers, of course). I usually spend only 2-3 nights in HK as hotels are expensive, but I need to see friends as well. Helps to plan early.

Thanks for one of the most entertaining threads ever!

Nerida - I have to add this joke which I use to try to get my husband to pronounce French correctly:

Q: How do you say "Easter is a good idea" in French?
A: C'est une bunny day**!
(**bonne idee)

Sadly he doesn't laugh quite as much as I do...French speakers? Are you laughing?? Please say yes!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well, how many days would you actually need to see most of the decent pearls (and catch-up with PGers, of course). I usually spend only 2-3 nights in HK as hotels are expensive, but I need to see friends as well. Helps to plan early.
If you are just concentrating on pearls a couple of full days at the show should do. But I would figure three. And then there is shopping for findings. There is another day. :D

They don't do that here. Must be an Aussie ripoff deal.
ohoh reminds me of the good ole time in Melbourne. I was on a 512k 1gig per month with optus and just the windows vista updates did the bandwidth allowance in a week. But that was back in 2003.

Now I'm on 10Meg, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited TV and unlimited international calls for about 30?/month. Internet was probably the major downside of living in Australia. :)

Back