Report from Hong Kong

No, we don?t.

Tell me, does Americans always thank god in their speeches?

"Firstly, I?d like to thank my family, my husband, and god." and so on.

Also, do they always eat on McDonalds? Are they all fat?

etc.

No, we don?t.

Tell me, does Americans always thank god in their speeches?

"Firstly, I?d like to thank my family, my husband, and god." and so on.

Also, do they always eat on McDonalds? Are they all fat?

etc.
No no and yes.:D

funny-pictures-cat-has-ad-space-on-his-belly.jpg

I don't know if I reported this online or just on a PM. But yes there has been an increase in quotas in Australia. And natural stock is actually increasing in numbers. Australia has a cooperation between government and industry that is very successful.
Yes you did.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/pearling-industry-news/3028-report-hong-kong.html#post41117

Does this include an quota increase in hatchery shells too? (I remember there is a quota on hatchery shells but I'm not 100% sure).

Yes you did.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/pearling-industry-news/3028-report-hong-kong.html#post41117

Does this include an quota increase in hatchery shells too? (I remember there is a quota on hatchery shells but I'm not 100% sure).
I believe that's right. I don't have the breakdown. I can tell you that they would prefer to use the natural stock. End of the day the only real difference is that you need to grow a hatchery shell for 3 years before first ops. So it tends to be a costlier program overall. Sounds to me as though they could meet their total quotas with natural shell if they were allowed to.

:DThank you so much all for a very entertaining thread which started as a report from HK (doing justice to its title) and then sort of meandered from P-G drinking adventures, and selling pearls to a Swede or a Swiss, going on to stamped bottoms for identification, to Americans having more advertising space........:D:D Thanks for the laughs!

:DThank you so much all for a very entertaining thread which started as a report from HK (doing justice to its title) and then sort of meandered from P-G drinking adventures, and selling pearls to a Swede or a Swiss, going on to stamped bottoms for identification, to Americans having more advertising space........:D:D Thanks for the laughs!
Don't miss chapter two where Amrita joins the gang.

Jerin - with regard to the Swiss/Swedish differences - sadly, it all relates back to a joke which I am much too polite to refer to in detail in a public forum - but if I were you, I would rather be Swedish than Swiss...

Back