pearl guide updates*

Also, after plugging in 80 pixels wide by 80 pixels high, convert the image to a .gif instead of a .Jpeg or .jpg or any other extention.

Slraep

Also, after plugging in 80 pixels wide by 80 pixels high, convert the image to a .gif instead of a .Jpeg or .jpg or any other extention.

Slraep

Thank you, Slraep. I kept resizing as .jpg and could not save it. I changed the extension and it works now.

EDIT: I meant to say I could not save it as an upload to PG in "profile". I did not use iPhoto.

Last edited:
p

p

I am not sure, Silversea. The "edit Avatar" option appeared today after I posted my question. Prior to that, I kept looking up and down the Control panel of the profile and "edit avatar" wasn't there. But I thought I saw it yesterday or somewhere on the site. I must be losing it...it's getting late here. I hope Caitlin can shed some light for you. Good night.

I got it-- while in iPhoto, I had to use "export photo" and then that was where I could alter the # of pixels. The ".jpg" didn't matter in my case.

How funny-- it added the avatar to my past posts retroactively.

Last edited:
Me neither...nothing on the profile page says edit avatar.
Robin

Last edited:
I'm looking into the issue guys don't worry we will all be sporting fancy avatars soon.

We still have more updates to go, so expect some hiccups until we wrap everything up. As usual email me with any bugs and I'll keep track of them.

The quick reply feature is great! You may want to try edit profile picture?
Edit: oops, no that didn't work....

I have the avatar button - will post a photo when I get back to Sydney. Slraep -love the angry cat!!! Sueki, your avatar is perfect for how I imagine you. Thanks all our backstage crew for the upgrades!! PS Steve, I just love that pin, and now can see it every day! Thanks!

What's this......"Quick Reply"? Just noticed it. What's the difference between this and "post reply"?

"Fast Reply"???

Gail

I guess it is the same thing as a regular reply without all the options like picture uploading. Also, it keeps you on the same page instead of taking you to a new location to reply to a post.

Back