natural pearl necklaces....(basra pearls)

natural pearl necklaces....(basra pearls)

• VERY GOOD

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • GOOD

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

tango jhaveri

Community member
All the pearls are natural basra pearls...
Most of them are certified with the mumbai laboratory...
Looking for a few more pearls so i can increase the sizes in the centre...
Do post your comments on the necklaces.....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 60
I'd like to see some closeups. What is the mm size range? And the lengths?

That looks like an auction-worthy necklace. I mean Christies, Bonhams, etc.

Must agree. We need close ups. Very close up photos and sizes. No way to even enlarge the photos much as it is so it is almost impossible to judge the pearls in any way. I am sure they must be very worthy but sizes and really close up photos are needed.

Would love to see really good photos of your beautiful Basra pearls. Drooling for good photos.

Dawn
eBay ID dawncee333

i sold the above necklaces just yest. evening...
length is 21inch and i cannot have close ups as they are already sold...
but i have many more necklaces...i shall provide you with many more close ups for basra pearls..
i have a few basra pearls in jewellery too...
thanks caitlin n bodecia for your replies...will keep you posted...
if you wanna see some pictures you can visit my website www.kalashexports.com
regards,
monil jhaveri

Tell me more about drilling in India. I have some teeny tiny Abalone pearls-Most are less that a mm. Is it possible to drill that small?

here in india we have excellent drillers who usually can drill upto say approx 0.60mm pearls...we can help you out with the drilling in india...and you are most welcome to our office too...it would be my pleasure to help you out...
here in india we also have excellent assorters and knitters who knit pearls very beautifully... i will be uploading a few of those knitted pearls pics also...
please let me knw if you want help regarding any of it...

Hi Caitlin,

What would you do with the tiny Abalone pearls if you managed to get them drilled. They are so tiny from the sound of it that they would be lost in a necklace unless you have enough of them to make several strands so they could be wound around each or whatever.

Have you ever thought of using them in an old piece of high quality jewellery (if you only have a few), say as replacements for seed pearls that have been lost or similar or one day getting a piece of jewellery made up using them, loads of them, in it.

I have, as you know, many little seed pearls but no Abalone. You lucky woman you!! :) Abalone pearls are so very beautiful, no matter what size.

I suppose they would look wonderful as dividers between Tahitian pearls or similar but might blind you trying to thread them.

I have some tiny, weany little Japanese (Akoya I guess) pearls that when I first saw them thought they were just a piece of thread. They are that small. I am not even sure where they are now because they are so small they hide in a serious way.

I can lose anything so these tiny babies might be lost forever :( Must have a look for them this weekend as I had actually forgotten all about them. They would make great little dividers but I will end up with a serious headache after "trying" to work with them.

Dawn
eBay Seller ID dawncee333

bodecia if u have japan akoya pearls(1mm to 2.40mm) im interested in them....i want them in good quantity....
and ya the pearls are so tiny that from a distance you can just feel as if it is a thread...i have seed pearl chokers too...im away from office for a couple of days...so on monday mostly i will upload all the promisedpictures....

I purchased about 40 strands of the tiny Japanese keshi pearls from Pearl Exporting this year. They were, of course, drilled in India. They had to be strung in Japan and I made a sort of torsade out of them. It was an expensive piece, but very elegant.

I would make a bracelet, if I had enough. Antz (remember him?) sent me about a teaspoon worth. I am not sure enough of them are drillable to make a bracelet. They are tiny grains of sand in size with a few sand ruby size. If pearls did coat grains of sand, they could never be this tiny, so this is more proof to me that these weren't even caused by coated parasites, either, unless they were germ-sized! They must have free-formed from another cause.

If you look carefully, you will see the smallest ones. Those were the ones he sent me. still a wonderful gift and a pleasure to look at.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
caitlin do you want bracelet of seed pearls....i have a good stock of seed pearls can make real cute and elegant bracelets for you...
jeremany: we have nice driller,assorters and stringers in our own office...
we do everything in our office....do u have any natural pearls

Hi Tango,
I wouldn't mind a few basra (pinctada radiatas?) pearls to enhance my own natural strand, some day. I already have about a double bracelet worth of radiata (Bahraini) seed pearls I hope to string soon.

Jeremy does have some natural pearls, but he does everything in office too.

Since I brought up antz, here is a thread in which there are lots of pictures and New Zealand Natural pearls commented on the price per carat of gem grade abalone pearls.

hey caitlin have you been to india....plan a visit here...will show you around the pearl market here...and the way we assort,drill and string pearls....
its beautiful site to watch the pearls getting drilled.....
here in india we have a big market for natural basra pearls...
and we are always looking for bharaini pearls-any sizes and shapes...

Jeremy I bought a few strands of tiny Japanese keshi akoya from that company too.... I had one strung for myself (I couldn't restring such tiny tiny pearls) and wear it often just wrapped around my wrist, but also use it as a 'chain' from which to hang other pearl pendants. I prefer it on my wrist - the pearls are as delicate and ethereal to look at as a spider's web... one of my favourite pearl pieces.

Hi Tango
I went to India a few years ago. The travel was exhausting though I like, actually love, the food. I still shudder when I think of another 37 hour flight, done twice, so I doubt I will do that again. Thanks for the invite though, very kind of you.

It would be great if you took some more photos though. We don't know that much about the pearl trade in India. The only pearls I saw were inferior cultured freshwaters, sold in booths already made into jewelry. It was at a convention and prices were high . I sure would like to get an idea of how the natural pearl trade is over there.

ya sure will send you the pics here...i will also try getting pics of our pearl testing lab...
would also like pictures from your side...
do you visit any of the trade shows...
i am mostly visiting september hk show...
would like to meet you or in fact any of the forum members there if they are visting and talk pearls....
hope to see someday..
thanks,
monil jhaveri

Back