Lovely WSS

Katbran

Found these at a wholesalers - so pretty but a bit too big , Australian WSS ( 16.4-16.6) for what I wanted - but I was tempted ! Thought I'd post a photo for you pearly people to enjoy ! Sometimes it's hard not to impulse buy ! image.jpg.

Last edited:
What size are they? And are they buttons? They do look lovely.

On a related WSS note, did anyone buy from PP's October WSS sale? I assumed it was less popular than recent monthly sales because I hadn't seen any threads about people's purchases.

Gorgeous!!! But I agree it's rather on the big side. I tried a pair of 13 mm at my local jewellery fair recently and found them too big so I can't imagine what a 16 mm would look like on the ear.

Katbran, pls do continue to take more photos of pearlie goodies to share with us!

Glad you all agree :) Wendy and JP ..I have no doubt you would have snapped them up haha! I had a hard time passing on them ... tho they are still around...ugh....but for someone like me to buy something that expensive I need someone lined up for them. (other than me..) These came from a Paspaley auction where there were two huge matching pairs in the lot ..the smaller pair went to Perth for long dangle diamond earrings . I think this pair is around due to their size .. they need a proper jeweller I think to make something special.

Icy J - I'll happily post a photo of special pearls when I find them ! I did see three beautiful mid gold ovals that were perfect colour matches..they had been set aside to go as a group only ... then it was decided to go ahead an have something made for them . I'll dig up the photo and post it .

image.jpg. set in 18kt with Cognac diamonds . These drops are around 10.6 I think ..updated my iPad and it erased all my notes ....and angle of photo warps the shape ..they are all nice drops and I remember them as quite identical. Not so much in these photos? Not sure of findings .. They were quite dark ..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 55
That set gets another wowser.
Apart from needing a big butterfly (trans nut) there's no real reason why big pearls can't be comfortable. It's in the perception to some extent. Some people like 5mm studs which to me look like they have a dirty smudge on their ear but I sell loads! But as Katbran knows, I am weak for big shiny pearls

Hi Kelluvpearls ! I'm not usually a fan of the gold ones but these were a pretty mid gold with such a fabulous surface. I found the findings a bit limiting for most people... quite dramatic, long and black tie . If they had been loose I might have bought them .

The weight of the white ones .... 12.4 grams..... so 6.2 per ear ... I thought my ears would fall off lol

Those were gorgeous pearls but yes, I think I would have an ongoing headache in no time if my ears didn't fall off first.

The goldens look well matched but I don't care for the settings. Thanks for posting more eye candy! :)

Wendy, I'll bet many of those 5mm studs you sell are for 2nd piercings (or for young girls.)

Back