Please help me set some mismatched monster studs! 16.5-7mm Tahitian and WSS

I’ve heard lots of people say that darker pearls look smaller, so it’s okay to have a larger Tahitian and a smaller white pearl as a mismatched set.

In the name of science (ha!), I wanted to unscientifically test this out because when I hold the pearls on my fingers they look equally large.

My observation is that it depends on the background: against a white/light background the pearls look the same size, but against a darker background the Tahitian indeed looks smaller.

View attachment 470277View attachment 470278
I’ve heard lots of people say that darker pearls look smaller, so it’s okay to have a larger Tahitian and a smaller white pearl as a mismatched set.

In the name of science (ha!), I wanted to unscientifically test this out because when I hold the pearls on my fingers they look equally large.

My observation is that it depends on the background: against a white/light background the pearls look the same size, but against a darker background the Tahitian indeed looks smaller.

View attachment 470277View attachment 470278
Pomelo,
Tahitian pearl necklace you wear looks elegant.South Sea pearl earrings belong to you are proper. You come from Asia.

Back