i want your natural blisters in shell/pearl !!!

Natural Blister Pearl

Natural Blister Pearl

I just found this one the other day in the Pet Store I work at part-time. Its pretty small and misshappen. Sorry for the terrible photo.

Attachments

• 35.3 KB · Views: 78
Oh wow, oh wow, oh WOW!!!

Mr Thomas Hochstrasser has one killer collection. I can't get over the pink and pomegranate red conch pearls.

Amazing; he should be sharing his expertise here on PG.

I love the way the pearls have been displayed next to the shells, similar to the way they were found in situ.

Again, wow.

Pinctada shell with many big blister pearls in it

Image126.jpgImage124.jpgImage125.jpgImage127.jpgImage122.jpgImage121.jpg

Few month ago I posted a Thread: ?Pinctada shell found with 85 natural pearls in it?

My Pinctada has many big blister pearls, I post some photos and ask if someone can tell me how they were formed.

Gianpiero Piva

gppiva@libero.it

Ciao,

I don?t note small holes but may be perforating animals, now I post a photo of the back of the shell and some radiography made by CISGEM.

Gianpiero Piva

gppiva@libero.it

Favorite necklaceTPOGemFresh8 9mmBasketClaspSmallNecklace without claspPearl necklace for mothersNatural pearl of Cassis Cornuta (orange) and Tridacna Squamosa (yellow)

hi all, i want to share my collection too :)

Attachments

• DSC02353.jpg
    DSC02353.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 54
Nice collection, Daniel.

I'm intrigued by the Spondylus shell. Their shells are hinged together with a ball and socket type of hinge, rather than a toothed hinge as is more common in other bivalves. They don't use byssus to hold fast, but by cementing themselves to substrates (as in japanese oysters or rock scallops). Your sample concreted it's own hinge as solid.

I shall pay more attention to my food next time I go to a seafood restaurant in Hong Kong.

DK :)

Back