De-Stash Project - Stash Bash

The pearl on the silver ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! And I agree, the oxidation looks better imho!

My disappearance and amazing reappearance on De-Stash Bash

My disappearance and amazing reappearance on De-Stash Bash

Hello Everyone,
I spent the entire year 2015 consumed with building a new house. It was a lot of work! And I didn't even do the building!
And now I am in my nice new house and - Tra la! In it I have a little atelier. So I have been going through the tubs and bags that used to be stashed under the bed, and reorganizing, and re-finding, and having a grand old time.

Reviving this project has been high on my list. And today, revive it I did. Finally.
I took the simplest approach: doubled Beader's Secret in aqua, as I had started out so long ago. I decided the slight addition of aqua tint inside the stones was quite beneficial. No knots. Except back through the last pearl, for tie-off. White gold clasp, white gold 2mm spacer beads.

With no knots and 1 bead back-knotting, security is a question mark, especially as there was some bunching in the thread going through the 2nd time. So I will assume this strand will get frequent inspections, and a re-do when I get around to it.

There were to be matching earrings: I bungled the white gold head pin of the first (I only had 2 on hand) so I have retreated to lick wounds and reconsider.

Moving in and going through old stuff I rediscovered a lot more Stash to Bash here. Most of it is generic pearls I bought before I knew anything, with some semi-precious beads thrown in. That stash dates back 25-30 years. Yikes! So now that I have a room I will see what I can put together. Quite a while ago Caitlin reminded me how great pearls and amethyst are together, and they are both in my stash, so look out!

finished aqua strand
aqua done.jpg

sunburned neck shot
aqua neck.JPG

Cheers,
Elizabeth

Great necklace Elizabeth. I'm partial to aqua and your beads are really nice. They set the pearls off wonderfully.

ELIZABETH! Welcome back; we've missed you :) How wonderful that you've gained an atelier in your new home ... your strand of aqua and pearl is lovely, and we look forward to your company more often!

Awwww, thank you all. Good to be back.
Elizabeth

Lady Disdain, thank you for your suggestions! I am going to have a look at them!

Ugly Pearl Makeover- let me know what you think.

Original homely pearl strand.
ugly gray pearls (400x300).jpg

Added shell beads and a large inexpensive decorative clasp.
ugly pearl 2 (300x400).jpg

Final result. Better, but not wonderful. Still not sure if I like it. I may just see if my sister likes it. Not going to spend any more time or money on these pearls.
ugly pearl1 (300x400).jpg

I think it looks much, much better, but I'd still give it away. Life is to short to waste on bad pearls.

This is coming from a woman who is on her 5th wedding ring, but 1st and only husband.
My mother was a firm believer that you married the man, not the ring.
So just because hubby gave me jewelry doesn't mean I keep it.
I told him that he's the keeper.

Back