Cook Islands Keshi Bracelet

Of course you are right - they are both just gorgeous - and I have to say I love John's idea of "his and hers" bracelets...

I love John's idea of "his and hers" bracelets...
John, I've been known to wear pearls but this is going to require some thought! Your logic is undeniable, as is the synergy of the two pieces.

(Cagily, I will attest to a perfect fit?the magnetic clasps would not even be a concern as I would not be constantly pushing the bracelet up my arm.)

But let's not all hold our collective breaths, please!

John is going to be single-handedly responsible for a whole new group of pearl-wearing males!

Truly though - the bracelets are partners, aren't they? Beautifully and elegantly designed to be so?

Truly though - the bracelets are partners, aren't they? Beautifully and elegantly designed to be so?
Until I did the photo shoot in the sunshine, the degree of matching had escaped me. It seems they are a pair, although the designer (Australian, by the way, living in the Cooks since early childhood), selected and designed #2 months after delivery of #1. In addition to design, there would also be the influence of common origin and provenance (discussed in the 'Cook Islands Pearling Developments' thread).

A good argument that the Cooks are indeed a 'noble' origin, with a clear potential for unique expression in its pearls.

Any chance of finding out what happened to the second bracelet? Are you occasionally wearing it now yourself? Did the first get its safety chain? A little follow up please.
And thank you,
barbie

New clasps were sent from the Cooks to replace the magnetic ones, and both bracelets are alive and well, securely on their owners' wrists, Poe Teanaana (bracelet #1) just since last week, following a meticulous restringing job by Caitlin, using Beadalon for absolute security and durability. I am just a sunny Seattle day or two away from a final photo for posting.

I just wanted to add, the product was Beadalon's Dandyline in "black" though it is actually silver gray. It is made out of spectra as is powerpro, but it is softer on the hands.

Here's Poe Teanaana in its final form.

We enjoyed the process of working with Caitlin to select the most practical string material, and even rearranging a couple of the pearls to improve symmetry of size, leaving the large, smooth gold pearl as the centerpiece. Changing the clasp was to promote frequent wear, and the string material enhances confidence, especially as Caitlin doubled it three times for knot and hole size (with no difference in hang or flexibility to the original silk). Could use the bracelet for a trailer hitch?

It's been on my wife's wrist daily for the past week. Thanks, Caitlin!

Attachments

• Bracelet1.jpg
    Bracelet1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Thank you too.

It was a privilege to be able to look at Poe Teanaana in such an intimate way and to figure out the best thread and way for stringing it. I am so glad she is being worn daily. I got the feeling that this bracelet loves and needs to be seen. She is such an education in huge, fine keshi! I doubt that Poe Teanaana has a match in size and beauty anywhere in the world.

Back