Can't decide- FW or Tahitian Baroques

I check the usual suspects and they do not have any baroque Tahitians at that price :(

So good luck with PP!

DK :)

I am so sorry about that. I am working from home today but just checked the logs and that one did go out this afternoon. But let's try to get one just as good if not better. We have a lot more strands than are listed on the site. We just try no to over-do an individual page. We typically load new pieces in the round and baroque sections each week.

Wow, that's what I call service!

I am so sorry about that. I am working from home today but just checked the logs and that one did go out this afternoon. But let's try to get one just as good if not better. We have a lot more strands than are listed on the site. We just try no to over-do an individual page. We typically load new pieces in the round and baroque sections each week.

:D Yay! I emailed Kristen@pearlparadise.com a little while ago, but I'm so glad we can find another strand! Ah! I love PP!

Remember to post photos of your new Tahitians once you get them, I think it'll look great on you.

Oh, yes please Callire.
Now that you've decided, do please let us see some pics. when you have your pearls.
Glad you've decided to go for the Tahitians....:)

New question :D

Can someone show me some pics of a tahitian strand w/ the approximate size? I've been seeing something like 8-10mm, but it's hard to picture that on.

(I've also considered branching out and going with something a little lighter- maybe a silver-aqua)

callire

callire

New question :D

Can someone show me some pics of a tahitian strand w/ the approximate size? I've been seeing something like 8-10mm, but it's hard to picture that on.

Here is a 18-18.5" ( I can't remember the exact length) strand of 9-10.3 mm pearls. It has silver body with peacock/green overtone. I have a skinny neck.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 64
Hi Callire,

With your fair hair, bet you would look terrific in the aqua overtones! Great photo, Cathy! Perfect on you----------!

Hanaleimom- WOW! Those are GORGEOUS!! I thought they'd be tons smaller (I was picturing them next to my 7-8mm freshadamas). I think I'll go ahead and order them this afternoon! So exciting!!

Nice Tahitians, Cathy! :D

Callire,

I advise you to match pearl size to suit your build and frame.

Gob-stopper pearls and Flintstone look may be great as a cartoon, however, in real life, pearls that are too large can dwarf a person who is small and petite. You want to wear the pearls and not the otherway round.

Think large handbag on a small person, and large person with a tiny bag, if you get my drift.

The reason I need 20+mm pearl for a pendant is that I am only 5'2" (157cm) and weigh a staggering 175lb (12.5st/79.5kg) :eek: :eek: :eek: Hence I need big pearls for them not to disappear on me :)

Callire,

Gob-stopper pearls and Flintstone look may be great as a cartoon, however, in real life, pearls that are too large can dwarf a person who is small and petite. You want to wear the pearls and not the otherway round.

Think large handbag on a small person, and large person with a tiny bag, if you get my drift.

The reason I need 20+mm pearl for a pendant is that I am only 5'2" (157cm) and weigh a staggering 175lb (12.5st/79.5kg) :eek: :eek: :eek: Hence I need big pearls for them not to disappear on me :)

Here is something I found:

? Ginger Burr, founder of Total Image Consultants in Lynn, Mass., has a guiding rule for pearls and beads: Women with small features should wear small-scale beads ? maybe multiple strands ? while women with larger features can wear the larger beads.

From this link:

http://74.125.113.104/search?q=cach...'ginger+burr'+pearls&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

Callire,

Well, I'm 5'7" and about 130 pounds, so I don't really know where that puts me on the general scale of pearls. The ones I'm looking at are 7.8-10.3mm..

You'll be fine. I'm 5'1", about 100lbs (or so I hope) and I wear 10mm all the time. 7.8-10.3mm aren't particularly big for Tahitians. :)

Well, I'm 5'7" and about 130 pounds, so I don't really know where that puts me on the general scale of pearls. The ones I'm looking at are 7.8-10.3mm..

That's slim in my book! :D

You'll be fine with 7.8 to 10.3mm Tahitians, good luck, and I hope you snap up the strand you are considering before someone else does! :)

I am the same weight and height as you, but I have dark brown hair. With our height, I feel we can wear the BIG pearls. I wear 13-14mm and love them. It might also have to do with personality. If I am feeling particularly confident, I wear 2 strands! The color on your Tahitians is really marvelous. Don't forget earrings to match!

Back