365 Days of Pearls

Asusual BN your pearls are lovely. I have to start wearing my pearls on a more regular basis and not just special occasions!

Trying to get caught up on this thread since the holidays came around. I have to say, does anyone else enjoy the chicken pictures as much as the pearls? No, just me? :D

Beautiful rope BN, and those studs, such a useful color. They go with everything. I hope that you had a pleasant christmas and did get a lot of pearls (probably like me though, if I want pearls then I have to buy them myself. My not-husband would be terrified buying pearls for me. Also he doesn't know what good pearls costs...just as well...). Your tread is always such an inspiration.

Thank you, Charlotta! There was no travel this year so we had a great Christmas; I hope you did as well : )

After the trip to HK, I was going to take a break from pearl buying but as Christmas gift, I was fortunate to get something from both the PP VIP sale and the Kojima Pearl sale (items selected by me, not dh).

CBPearllover, Pearl Dreams, and pattye, I’m so glad you enjoy the chick pics! I will post more of them. They are only tiny for a short while so I made an effort to photograph them a lot.

They’ve grown into young lady hens and just this month started laying eggs!

Thank you, SunSeeker and Andrew!

Day 345:

I’m really happy about this new purchase! I bought a 14 karat gold and Italian coral necklace from the Kojima Pearl sale. There was another strand like this on the website that had a Tahitian heart pendant but it sold on the first day of the sale so I asked Sarah if she could make another. I love that the pendant on this one looks like a fish!

Today’s pearls: Coral and brass fan necklace from Kojima Pearl, pistachio akoya rope from little h, 14 karat and Italian coral necklace from Kojima Pearl, Golay golden South Sea pendant on preloved coral bead necklace.

D54D9D3F-8CB6-405F-B404-C812C629D487.jpg

0B0F829F-3585-4CD1-B761-4C32D6EEAAC6.jpg

014AE7AE-F49A-49AF-851F-57FF0B190CCF.jpg

58E3359A-FC8B-44CD-9490-AA59585112E6.jpg

Chicken pics!

Since this is a new piece, I wanted to get a special pic with one of my hens. I chose Fanta because she’s sweet and the pink of her comb matches nicely with the coral! She is an Easter Egger hen so her eggs are pastel green/blue.

Fanta as a tiny chick back in May. Named for the orangey color of her down.

22C551F7-8492-4FF8-B07E-92B9700FC8A6.jpg

Later as a tween (she has green legs!).

BBE2E368-5C20-4D39-A902-8142EB0B1808.jpg

Fanta today. She rocks this necklace.

E8807F4E-4AFF-4E33-A43A-6C32B24C710A.jpg

50B4E5C9-E016-439A-A010-CB3C2104C987.jpg

What an interesting but fluid combination! And, of course, the chickens are hilarious.

I love that the pendant looks like a fish, and a mightly beautifully colored one too!!!

Baby nurse -- I just love the colors and textures in your layers! What's the fish pendant made of? It's not abalone, is it?

Beautiful combination. And Fanta is so big. I didn't know that they could have green legs, that’s so cool.

Oh Fanta, you are a seriously cool chick, a perfect model!

Baby nurse -- I just love the colors and textures in your layers! What's the fish pendant made of? It's not abalone, is it?

It’s not abalone. I don’t know what it is— maybe Tahitian? I’ll have to ask Sarah.

Absolutely lovely pearls and love the colar. Earlier post of rope is gorgeous. And of course , love your Fanta!

Absolutely lovely ... the new coral necklace with that fish pendant especially! The mix of pearls and coral is wonderful, as is Fanta :)

Fanta is adorable and wears her pearls well. I confess, my weakness is the pistachio rope.

Back