You All See This PP Blog Post???

Cathy, apparently I missed that these strands were from Jewelmer...that makes them so extra special! Can you expand on the story of how these strands came to be? I feel like I've missed an important lecture at school (you know that nightmare when you show up for your final exam an hour late?)

JerseyPearl, the strands were not advertised as such, and I can't say for sure where any of the others came from; GSS and WSS are grown in a number of areas. Speaking only for my strand, I needed to thank Jac ... see thread "Ruckus 2017 live as it happens" ... Jeremy's post #92 :)

JerseyPearl when I went to Pearl Paradise for my birthday and I was able to wear that strand to show it off during the video. Jewelmer did not want it known as coming from Jewelmer. Their brand is known as being top of the line luxury. They put it together as a favor to Jeremy and there was no commitment to do any more. It was a one and done as far as everyone knew. They wanted to see what the response to the strand was. A blog post was written about the strand. A miracle happened and Jeremy was able to get them to do a few more special strands for the ruckus attendees. It was a whispered open secret where they came from not advertised as coming from them. The question is now will they ever do any more? Who knows, but I am sooo glad to have my special harvest strand! Each and every strand in this thread is rare and a very, very special treasure.

Oh, absolutely I agree Battah! My new GSS Harvest strand is so much more precious to me because of it's story ... Jeremy chatting with Jac B., Cynde modeling it, Jeremy modeling it :), Walter actually listening to me and figuring out how much I loved it LOL ... makes it priceless to me. Not all my pearls have such a story, but most have ... holding incredibly rare and precious Sea of Cortez pearls in my hand while Douglas helps me choose ... pouring over Justin's baby keshi, knowing how much love and work each of his people put into these pearls from so far away ... LOVE.

Agreed! Just knowing more about the pearl farmers, their processes, how the pearls are selected and bought and made up, really makes them more special. It's like buying something handmade versus mass-produced, it's just so much more interesting. And that Walter! He's a good egg :)

JerseyPearl when I went to Pearl Paradise for my birthday and I was able to wear that strand to show it off during the video. Jewelmer did not want it known as coming from Jewelmer. Their brand is known as being top of the line luxury. They put it together as a favor to Jeremy and there was no commitment to do any more. It was a one and done as far as everyone knew. They wanted to see what the response to the strand was. A blog post was written about the strand. A miracle happened and Jeremy was able to get them to do a few more special strands for the ruckus attendees. It was a whispered open secret where they came from not advertised as coming from them. The question is now will they ever do any more? Who knows, but I am sooo glad to have my special harvest strand! Each and every strand in this thread is rare and a very, very special treasure.
Ah, so I think I understand...CKs strand was specially made by Jewelmer; then Jeremy had additional strands made by Jewelmer on the down-low, hush-hush. Sounds like a solid reason for attending the next ruckus! Congrats to all who got their wonderful harvest strands!

I've been playing with my strand a bit and am getting to like the layout a bit more. I may still restring to get the irregular scatter a bit more... irregular? "Random" spacing is tricky! The last photo is my favorite.

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

Ah, so I think I understand...CKs strand was specially made by Jewelmer; then Jeremy had additional strands made by Jewelmer on the down-low, hush-hush. Sounds like a solid reason for attending the next ruckus! Congrats to all who got their wonderful harvest strands!

JP there's always a great reason to attend the ruckus. Lot's of new pearls have been introduced at that event. For example, the small multi-colored Vietnamese akoyas, the first green overtone metallic strands, large white south sea pearls from Atlas, 2 summers ago the large selection of Tahitians where BabyNurse, Red, CathrKeshi, Kay, me just to name a few chose their TDF strands, the first white metallic strands ( Jeremy had found one for Caiitlin many years before), the harvest strands this year, last summer the Fiji pearls, the provoked baroque Tahitians, this summer small Edison strands, strands of naturals, pipi's. Each summer there's always something. These are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I am sure there are others too. No two years are the same and you never know what you will find in Jeremy's vault ;)

Battah, love what you did with your strand. It will be lots of fun to wear. Your new drop is wonderful too!

Hands down, best solid reason to attend the Ruckus ... the priceless pearl people you get to spend time with.

I've been MIA for a while with school and then extra work during the summer, but when I saw the sale for these harvest strands, I knew there would be pictures here! I'm so envious! Since the dollar has fallen against the euro, I can't even pay my bills without taking out a loan, so I certainly can't afford any pretties, but I love that you all can! So beautiful! So stylish!

Cathy Katbran and Newberry, thank you! Neither of us realized the 24k GSSP was a bit drop shaped til I put it on a bail - it's perfect. I may not change it, actually, I kind of love it as it is.

Definitely looking forward to attending a Ruckus and hanging out with you all in person! Plans are in the works to attend in 2018!

Cathy Katbran and Newberry, thank you! Neither of us realized the 24k GSSP was a bit drop shaped til I put it on a bail - it's perfect. I may not change it, actually, I kind of love it as it is.

Definitely looking forward to attending a Ruckus and hanging out with you all in person! Plans are in the works to attend in 2018!

Battah, your new rope looks lovely on you. Are those akoya keshi?

The 24K drop makes a gorgeous pendant.

I look forward to meeting you IRL at the next Ruckus!

Battah, the strand is sighworthy. I was sighing to myself as I looked at each of your pictures here.

Ahhhh this definitely fuels my reasons to make it to the next ruckus! Come on 2018!!!

If anyone is going to Tucson next year for the gem/jewelry show, I hope to meet some people sooner!!

I so want to go to Tucson ... haven't made it yet though, so the law of averages is not in favor of my "wants" :)

Thanks so much, Kay and Abi! Kay, yes akoya keshi, one of my favorite types of pearls! Their luster is really ridiculously gorgeous. I haven't seen many lately, I had a couple of strands that I got from PP and Care Ehret but they're all gone now. Gotta keep my eyes peeled for more.

And yay for Ruckus plans! I'm so excited to meet everyone! Warning, y'all, I'm a hugger :cool:

Back