where /how to keep all the earrings?

seoulite

Community member
Hello everyone,

I was wondering how everyone stores their lovely earrings!

i've always kept them in these

pill containers... and inside of a drawer to avoid sunlight, as my collection got bigger and hard to keep track
of them.. but now i'm wondering if this is ok ...

maybe i should put cotton balls inside so earrings don't collide with each other?

KakaoTalk_20190227_090417392.jpg

That's what I do with my pearl earrings! I think putting something like a cotton ball inside it is a good idea though. I may try that.

Very tidy, seoulite! Nice to have labeled also. Your earrings aren't being jostled or rubbed together, so they should be ok if they touch.

I have this exact tray in this link, may have picked it up at Gem Faire. I do like the white color, or light gray over darker shades, as I have a 2nd smaller, deeper tray in dark red, which I don't like as well.

Both trays are kept inside a shallow drawer, with space on the sides for necklaces and bracelets. Pendants fit in the tray also. Fifty compartments and most of mine have 2 pairs of earrings in, lol. I really really love earrings!!

abi, i will put cotton balls or sponge or smth this weekend! i think it's going to take a lot of time...sigh.

pattye, thanks for the link! really cheap! do those containers have a lid also? i can't see it in the pics as it is too.. clear color...
intl. shipping is going to cost me more than the containers but i may still get them.

abi, i will put cotton balls or sponge or smth this weekend! i think it's going to take a lot of time...sigh.

pattye, thanks for the link! really cheap! do those containers have a lid also? i can't see it in the pics as it is too.. clear color...
intl. shipping is going to cost me more than the containers but i may still get them.

Hmm, these don't appear to have a lid, sorry. Mine doesn't have a lid either. I've seen other trays that do have lids, but are much more expensive, too.

I use cigar boxes and line them with felt or with foam rolls to make something similar to the ring section in a jewelry box. Perfect for storing stud earrings. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do it.

I use similar boxes. But after having more of those little pill box lids snap off than I could count, I switched to small compartment tackle boxes from the fishing/marine store. Locking lids, removable dividers that can be rearranged as needed ... win win win. They are still plastic, so for long term or delicate storage, cotton or felt linings recommended. Also ... er ... hide them from the fishermen in the family lol ...

Back