Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Freshadama

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • South Sea

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miriam Reed

I thought it would be interesting to compare what type of pearls our pearl guide members prefered this past year. So I'm going to start this poll. If you'd like to participate, just click on whatever type of pearls you bought during 2008 -
  1. Freshwater
  2. Akoya
  3. Tahitian
  4. Freshadama
I'm considering the Freshadama/Freshwater Orient/Presidential/GemFresh/Elite, etc as a separate type of pearl for purposes of this poll. If you bought any of those just click on 4) Freshadama

Last edited:
Dear Miriam:
It will be interesting to see the results. Too bad there are no controls for why people made the choices they did.

ie: totally personal preference or did the current economic crisis have anything to do with it?
barbie

I bought a lot of strands (not finished) keishi, mostly fw, but some SS also and I don't see a category for that. A fun poll-----------thanks, Miriam! I think beaders shop differently than those shopping for finished strands, and will sway the results in favor of freshwater!

What about golden south seas pearls?
From deep rich gold to light champagne gold pearls,
Ringed, baroque, drop or pear shaped and pointy shaped ones,together with keishis.
I made a crazy bracelet with blueshish and golden keishis mixed with baroque SS pearls.
All these are my favorite with special golden rose colored China feshwater pearls which make me think of pinky butter colored pearls..... pearls to be eaten...

What did I buy - Tahitians all kinds, South Seas, rounds, large baroque & keishis, Freshwater - mostly second-harvest, some rounds, some baroques/drops.

What did I keep - 1 strand of wild and crazy second harvest FWs. Several individual Tahitians (so far).

What did I buy...
Many hundreds of strands of various sizes shapes and colours of freshwaters....Kamokas, Cortez, South seas
what am I keeping? None! (hopefully)

I mostly had Tahitians but also a strand of untreated Akoyas, small necklace with black Akoya, plus PP city strand with FWs.

Olga

1 Gem Fresh from TPO
1 Double Freshadama from PP
1 Baroque Tahitians from PP
1 FW Keishi from Kojima Pearls
2 Biwas from pearl_dreams
A few loose strands from pearllunar_pearlsonly on eBay

Plus a Nov 08 Special from PP as a present :)

Plus pendants etc... :D

DK :)

Um, Miriam, where is the box that says "all of the above?"... my favourite purchase for the year was the mixed SS and Tahitian "Pelosi" strand...

Can I just point out that Freshadama is a brand name for one particular seller of pearls (a big seller of pearls but not the only one)

Lot of FW, all natural color - all shapes ans sizes, Tahitian drops and rounds in AAA and some AA to AA+ baroques, purple-green Freshadamas ( favorite purchase after I redid it to make it more versatile), Vietnamese Akoyas.... I promised myself I'll slow down my purchases this year. I still have drawer full of strands that I did nothing with yet !!!

How about South Seas? Australian, Filippino, Indonesian pearls..?

You're right. South Sea pearls should have been on the list. Does anybody know how to add another category to a poll once it has been started?

You're right. South Sea pearls should have been on the list. Does anybody know how to add another category to a poll once it has been started?

One vote for South Sea pearls please, as I have bought a pendant and a couple of loose pearls :)

DK :)

If you have already voted, it won't let you vote again. I could not vote to add SS.

Well, I realized that I need to stop buying and start stringing! I began to sort my "stash" today for new storage--a little of everything in terms of pearls, stones and in all phases of completion from still in the package/temp. strand through finished through ready to tear apart and redo. I have not tried the fresadamas yet per se, but I would love to sometime in the future! I think I purchased at least one of all of the other categories, plus a very pretty paua pearl.

Last edited:
Oops,
I forgot - I bought some Cortez pearls last year too.....

Nice display, Claudenancy. :)

Last edited:
Back