What kind of pearls are these?

JoannaRP

I bought this bracelet at a thrift store, along with another set, and I do not know what kind of pearls these are. The pearls are cool to the touch and gritty. The pearls are 6.5-7mm in size. The bracelet is 7 inches. The clasp is a shiny silver metal with no maker marks. pearl bracelet.jpgpearl bracelet 2.jpgpearl bracelet 3.jpgpearl bracelet 4.jpgpearl bracelet 5.jpgAny input is appreciated.

I agree with Patty'e assessment.

The nice thing about these freshwater pearls is that they are durable, being solid nacre. Bracelets tend to get banged around more than, say, necklaces or earrings, so durability is a good quality.

I agree with Pattye's assessment.

The nice thing about these freshwater pearls is that they are durable, being solid nacre. Bracelets tend to get banged around more than, say, necklaces or earrings, so durability is a good quality.

Last edited:
JoannaRP,

Nice luster on your new bracelet and the pearls look to be Chinese freshwater, based on the few blemishes I see and the off round shapes. Definitely a fun find!

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. The bracelet does feel really sturdy. :)

Back