Vintage real natural pearls & gold clasp bracelet

Wow, they've got some nerve saying they are salt water natural pearls without any proof. It is very unlikely that they are natural. ;)

Hmmmm, the seller is not asking a lot for the bracelet though, and I would be interested to see how much it would go for eventually.

DK :)

I have asked this question now of the seller and with any luck they will answer on the site as well as to me. It looks to me as if they are beaded but I am guessing that the seller probably has been told they are naturals and has no real idea what that means. They seem to just sell all kinds of things and probably don't know the meaning of natural pearls.

Dawn
eBayer Seller ID dawncee333

They use the word natural meaning that this is not plastic
It is a frequent mistake, mostly as a result of pure ignorance about pearls

I emailed the seller and received an answer from eBay, I believe, that it had been pulled from auction, due to lack of proof.

I believe someone must have complained to eBay for this to happen.

eBay ID dawncee333

I wrote to the seller. An estate jeweler told her so. She pulled the auction. I told her to relist it as cultured pearls. I told her the jeweler should not have said it was natural without a certificate of authenticity from the GIA and that there is a difference between an appraisal and a certificate from a gem lab.

I am sure she is honest, and was just jerked around by a foolish jeweler.

That starting price is totally reasonable and the strand should sell for more than that!

Here's a photo.

Attachments

• !Bp7Gm8w!mk~$(KGrHqQH-C!Eumq4470CBLtgPqy2SQ~~_12.JPG
    !Bp7Gm8w!mk~$(KGrHqQH-C!Eumq4470CBLtgPqy2SQ~~_12.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 65
Back